Epilog

I picked up my phone that had been ringing for a while now. Chifuyus name was on the screen of my flip phone.

"Hey, what's up?" I answered the phone and was met with an almost silent line. I couldn't hear anything before a sniff escaped my phone's speaker. "He- he..." Chifuyu mumbled on the phone. Shivers run through my body. Something had happened at the fight. Something that had broken Chifuyu.

"Take a deep breath Chifuyu. What's wrong?" I asked with a careful voice.

"Baji... Baji was stabbed." My heart sank. My cousin took a long breath in. "He is... He is dead (name) and I-I couldn't do anything to save him!" He was now crying loudly. My heart broke.
My body started to sweat and tears started to cloud my eyes.
"Why would... Why would someone do something like this?" My voice came out like a broken record. Slowly all those tears started to fall out of my eyes.
"Kazutora stabbed him and he- he was arrested." Chifuyu said before starting to cry again.

"Chifuyu where are you?" I asked through my sobbing.
"I-I'm with Takemichi right now." My breath hitched. At Least he was with someone.

I looked at Chifuyu who was crying while I wasn't capable of crying anymore. We were paying our respect at the funeral of Keisuke. His mother was loudly crying in the front seats and I felt bad for her. No one deserves to lose a child.

I had felt numb since I had stopped crying. My mom had been trying to comfort me as best as she could but it felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest.

He never read my text nor knew that I liked him like that.
I could have had a future with him.

He could have had a future beyond this.

-

After all those years it still hurts like hell but I have come to accept it as part of my life. All those times when I had thought of him through the years have been giving me strength to go on with my life.

I cut almost all my contacts with Toman besides Chifuyu after Emma had died. I didn't want to get involved in gangs or criminal behavior anymore. It has been hard since Chifuyu had been involved with it at some points but now it all has come back to me. Everything from the past.

I looked at someone who resembled Keisuke so much that it made me want to cry and scream. He had the same hair as Baji had when I looked at his back. He had noticed me looking at him and had turned to look at me. His face was so familiar. I had met him before. His hair was almost identical to what Baji had. Then I noticed it. He had a lion tattooed on his neck. The man who stood before me was Kazutora. He looked confused as to why I was staring at him.

"Do I know you?" He asked and I nodded. "I'm (full name)." He didn't pick up my name since he most likely had never known who I actually were. "I'm Chifuyu's cousin." I corrected and he started to look apologetic.
He bowed to me and said, "I'm sorry for what I did." It took me by surprise that he would bow to me.
"Don't be. It has been a long time since that happened, I don't really blame you anymore." I shook my hands to say that he didn't need to bow to me. "Can I ask what was your relationship with Baji?." He asked politely. "It's a long story. Maybe we could talk about it more with a cup of coffee."

-----
Thank you for reading this whole fic to the end🙇
I have had long brakes from writing and publishing these chapters and for that I have to say that I'm sorry.
I had been waiting to end this book after the ending of Tokyo Revengers manga but I still kept the so said original ending to this fic.

Manga spoilers
↘️
I most likely will write some extra so the ending of (name) and Baji would be happy like everyone else's at the end.