eleven

lee heeseung told you to trust him when you asked him how you should tell everyone that you were 'dating'.

you didn't expect to walk into school the following day with everyone staring directly at you and heeseung together.

you're sure that everyone has seen you and heeseung together before- it wasn't a secret how the two of you never got along and were always at each other's throats. you expected people to think it was bizarre that the both of you were dating- but to your and heeseung's surprise, it was the complete opposite.

for days, everyone would be coming up to either you, heeseung or the both of you at the same time and just gush about how perfect the two of you looked together. you think you pulled off fake smiling and thanking them during the first few times, but by the end of the next week, you couldn't even glance in the person's direction when they fawned over your new 'relationship'.

your friends thought it was weird.

they thought you both had hit your heads and were experiencing severe memory loss and delusion.

"there is just no way that you guys are serious right now!" jay leans over the cafeteria table, and his hand smacks down onto it. heeseung and you sigh and roll your eyes, "oh god, you even move in sync now!"

"jay, would you quit it? would all of you quit it? why is it so weird that we're together?" heeseung snaps at your friends who are all sitting around the table and staring at the two of you like you are wild animals.

"because just last week you were at each other's throats saying you wanted the other to be dead!" choerry explains from jay's lap.

"it's just weird guys!" ryujin shakes her head, "it doesn't make sense."

"why's weird if heeseung and i date, but it's not weird that jay and choerry are?" you defend yourself and heeseung.

"because choerry didn't push jay so hard he was sneezing sand for a week in the summer!" sunghoon points out, a smirk crawling onto your face at the memory of heeseung face down at the beach.

heeseung shrugs, "she's feisty." a snort leaves your nose and your friends look bewildered.

"i just- i don't believe it." chaeryeong looks at all of your friends.

"hey guys," jake joins your table with his lunch in his hands. he sits down beside heeseung with a smile- which leaves his mouth when he feels the tight atmosphere in the air. "what's up?"

"heeseung and y/n are dating." choerry fills him in.

jake's face turns to confusion and he looks at heeseung, a weird look in his eye before he looks at you, "okay," jake draws out the word, "that's cool i guess."

"cool?" jay exclaims, shoving choerry off of his lap so he can stand up, "cool? it's preposterous!"

"jay!" choerry reaches for him, trying to calm him down.

"guys, i can't." jay starts to scramble for his things so he can leave, "this is the weirdest day in my entire life!" jay turns on his heel, choerry standing up and chasing after him as his rambles continue through the cafeteria until he gets to the doors.

heeseung reaches for jake's fries and plops one into his mouth, "you guys are so overthinking this."

you catch the way jake's confused expression doesn't leave his face as he continues to stare at heeseung. you can tell that he wants to say more- and maybe he will to his best friend later- which you'll make sure to ask him about when he comes over to give you some more experience.