five

LEE ISA WAS THE CLOSEST THING TO THE 'PERFECT GIRL' YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN YOUR LIFE, SO IT WASN'T A SURPRISE THAT JAKE AND HEESEUNG LIKED HER.
lee isa got good grades, was kind and respectful, was pretty and was head of the dance team. you've spoken to her a few times in your shared classes- and you've seen her at some of the parties you've gone to. you aren't sure if you'd consider her a friend, but you were definitely close acquaintances. which is why you weren't too nervous to go up to her before the first period and ask her if she was going to the party on saturday- you just hoped that heeseung would walk by on time like the both of you had planned.

you weren't surprised when you saw the pretty, black-haired girl standing at her locker early in the morning, taking out her textbooks for her classes out of the locker. her school uniform looked as if it had been ironed out this morning and was tucked in so neatly that it somehow added to her already existing beauty.

"hi isa!" you say as you stand behind her.

she turns around with a smile on her pretty face and lightens up more when she sees that it's you, "hi, y/n! how are you this morning?"

"i'm good, i'm good!" you smile at her, feeling as if her smile was contagious the more you looked at it, "how are you?"

"eh, i'm okay! i have the auditions for the dance team later today so i kinda have a long day ahead of me." she pouts at you.

"oh! lucky you, i guess! i was just seeing if you were going to that big party tomorrow night, but you might be too tired after today, huh?"

"yeah, i was thinking about going! i'll have to see how tired i am tomorrow morning before i go! i figure you're going?"

you think you smell the scent of victory as she speaks, "yeah i am! a few of my friends and i will be there for sure! you know my friends, right?"

isa scoffs and you glance out the side of your eye to see if lee heeseung is coming down the hallway- which he should be if he wants to time this right, "of course i do! everyone knows you and your friends, y/n!" isa laughs out- god even her laugh is pretty.

"uh, i don't know about that!" you tease, "i think we just go to a lot of parties!'

"yeah, like every single one!"

you laughed with isa praying to god that stupid lee heeseung would walk by right now.

"yeah, so i might see you on saturday, right?" isa continued, closing her locker. fuck fuck fuck.

"uh, yeah! for sure! even if you come for a bit it would be cool to see you!" you told isa, fuck you lee heeseung.

"okay! i'll see you later, y/n!" isa waved at you and turned on her pretty heel.

"bye, isa!" you replied and at that moment stupid lee heeseung started walking towards you.

you stuck your hands out in front of you to ask him where the hell he's been and he only responded with an anxious shrug before he looked at isa. when he got closer to you you only moved with instinct and the thought that if you didn't get heeseung and isa together then it would blow your whole chances with jake. so before you could even think about what to do, your hands are on heeseung's shoulders and are pushing him into isa before she gets too far.

the next thing you see as heeseung's back leaves your hands is isa's textbooks and papers falling to the ground along with heeseung himself. you turn around and act as if you didn't notice the entire scene as all the other students in the hall groan and congratulate heeseung as being a fucking idiot before moving on and going to class. you stop when you're a few meters away from them so you can watch heeseung scramble up the papers and textbooks as isa stands with a concerned look on her face.

"shit, i am so sorry." heeseung says, trying to grab all of her papers and textbooks neatly- ignoring all the comments of his friends walking past him.

"it's okay!" isa reassures him, bending down to help him quickly, "are you okay?" she asks him when they both stand again.

"yeah! totally! i'm sorry i wasn't looking where i was going!" heeseung lies with a shameful smile.

"no, really it's okay! as long as you're okay!" isa smiles up at him and he thinks his heart stops for a second as their eyes meet, "hey, you're friends with y/n, right?"

the mention of your name makes his heart return to a normal pace, "uh, kinda, yeah- heeseung, my name's heeseung."

"heeseung, right! you're on the soccer team!" isa looks him up and down and he swears to himself that he sees her eyes stay on his crotch for a second longer than the rest of him.

"yeah! i am!"

"right, so are you gonna go to that party tomorrow night?"

"yeah, i am, i'll be there with a couple of friends."

"with y/n's friends?" isa teasingly smirks at him.

"yeah, something like that."

"cool, i might see you there then."

heeseung feels his heart and gut clench out of excitement at her words, "yeah, for sure."

"bye, heeseung!" she waves gently at him and he's so shocked at her cuteness that he can only stand there with his hand up in some sort of wave back as he watches her turn and practically skips down the hallway to her first class.

you're about to stomp over to heeseung to scold him for messing up your guys' original plan but a group of boys from down the hall stop you- and you see jake looking down the hall at where heeseung and isa had just been talking. you aren't sure if jake had actually seen the two talking but he for sure saw them wave at each other and you think he almost glares at the way heeseung is standing like a stone in the middle of the hallway now.

"bro, where the fuck were you?" your slap against his bicep awakens him out of his 'isa trance'.

"ow!" heeseung grabs and rubs the part of his bicep where you had just smacked.

"what took you so damn long to get here!" you scold him, thankfully everyone in the hall had vanished into their classrooms now.

"i got caught up with the coach at the front, did you have to push me?" heeseung narrows his eyes at you.

"well if i didn't then you wouldn't have talked to her! so i think you should be thanking me!"

heeseung rolls his eyes, "she told me she'd see me at the party tomorrow."

"did she?" you said excitedly and you don't know why you were so excited for lee heeseung.

"yeah, she did. so now what?"

"now, we have to separate isa and jake at the party- which should be fairly easy since we'll be with both of them.