15

(🎶 Welcome To Wonderland - Scarlett Rose)

"What did you want to show me, Brandon?" I spoke between my breaths.

His hypnotizing eyes stared into mine as he was standing so obtrusively close to me. The silence was torturing, I just wanted him to say something. Tell me what he wanted me for, show me what he wanted to show me.

A sudden move of dramatic gesture pushed me into a forced position against the wall, and a violent hand leaned against my chest with a sharp tool pointed at my neck too close to my artery vein.

My chin lifted with the horror, and his lips slightly stroked it as he stood so close in front of me.

The earlier rush of glory exchanged into complete fear, and no matter how hard I tried to keep myself settled, my body quavered like never before.

I breathed in an attempt to stay conscious, I needed to stay alert with every movement and passing second of the moment. I needed to be prepared for any upcoming action, even if I was completely helpless.

I decided to keep quiet, because that would keep me safer from his violence. This was his moment, and I just needed to let him have it, then it would be all over.

"I wanted to show you this, Beverly. I made this, just to show you... Show you how easily I could hurt you only if I wanted to," He smiled as he spoke with heavy breaths.

I whined out with panic.

"I'm the one in control here, okay? Do you understand me?!" His voice turned more aggressive as he tensed his eyes into mine.

I nodded my head desperately to obey his assertion.

I didn't dare to look at him anymore. I let my eyes fade away from him to look up at the grey roof instead.

"Do you understand me, Beverly?" Now he was calm again, spoke with affection. The most soft and passionate voice, probably to seduce me even more into his danger.

Once again I nodded, fast and compulsory. The tears stung behind my eyes, but I refused with every muscle to let them through. I already exposed my weakness enough by shaking like a leaf.

"You should never lie to me again. Because then, I will hurt you. Don't you fucking lie to me again,"

All I could do was to listen to his words of redress, and nod my head like an obedient little puppy.

"I want you back as my nurse, okay? You'll fix that," He stroke my cheek carefully with his free hand, and I swallowed hard as I forced myself to nod once again.

If I didn't do as he demanded, and refused to go back to being his treating nurse, I just lied to him, which I just promised him never to do again. Because if I would, he would hurt me.

The last thing I wanted was to find out which way.

I had no choice, no option for my future if I wanted to keep my body and soul intact. I could leave, leave the hospital and my job, but I knew that he would haunt me down for life if I did, just like he did with Joseph. And even if he would never get out of here, he would make sure to get to me somehow. He was smart enough to solve that.

My eyes got off the roof and searched for his contact instead. I needed to capture his eyes to get to him in some way. Only if I could calm him down, or get him to let go of the threatening grip, I could talk my way out of his danger.

He was already looking at me, and as soon as my eyes seized his, a blink of prehension covered his brown irises.

He was still standing tightly against me, with his hand aimed against my neck, but his grip was not as harsh as before. The black color in his strained eyes was gone, and I could now indicate the hazel mixture of color inside of them.