S I X T E E N

You dropped your fork as it bounced off the table and onto the floor, the sound of metal hitting wood echoed throughout the room. "Luffy you can't just say things like that!" You stood up abruptly with a blush on your cheeks, staring down at the confused captain. "Do I not get a say in any of this?" You weren't thinking of declining his offer but the fact that you weren't allowed to is what bothered you. You had escaped that hell to be free and yet you felt like you were always being chosen and talked for.

You briskly walked out of the kitchen, shaking your head and trying to hide your red face trying to avoid contact with everyone. Luffy yelled after you but was quickly shut up by Nami hitting him on the head. It was cold on the deck but you stayed anyways liking the breeze on your hot cheeks, mentally kicking yourself for reacting the way you did. You couldn't help it, the captain made you feel so many emotions in such extreme ways that getting overwhelmed was only normal.

You wanted to apologize and accept his offer but you felt as of it was too late, seeing as you had probably hurt his feelings with your reaction. Groaning and smacking yourself in the head, your favorite swordsman approached you from behind and rested next to your sitting form. "You mean a lot to our dumb captain, I'm surprised that he can even act this way." Zoro gave you a small glare as he stood up, "if you hurt him I won't forgive you." He made his way back to the kitchen where everyone else was. Your sweat dropped at the protectiveness of his first mate and gave a small nod to the serious green-haired man. You and Zoro had gotten along just fine until now, although this was normal for Zoro. He always did his best to protect the captain so you weren't surprised, even though you heard Sanji start screaming at him for 'threatening' you.

When asked what he said to you by the rest of the crew, he told them the truth which caused said reaction from the cook. You laughed at the muffled conversation as you heard a door open and close, meaning someone had come outside. Looking over your shoulder you saw a nervous Luffy with his hands behind his back as he approached you. You gave him a small smile which made him pout as he made his way up to you. "What's up cap-"

"Why won't you be my pirate queen!" A blush met your face again as your jaw dropped from the question.

"I didn't say no! I just said I wanted to have a choice." You pouted back at the captain as a smile met his lips.

"So will you be my pirate queen?" His smile got wider as he grabbed your hands excitedly.

Laughing you squeezed his hands back, "How about we start with 'pirate girlfriend', the queen part can wait for when you become king." Luffy lets out a laugh as he picks you up and started screaming in joy. Everyone comes out of the kitchen to see the captain holding you in his arms jumping around like a child, smiles on all of their faces at the sight.

Luffy set you down and demanded more food from Sanji. Claiming that he now feels the need to eat for the both of you, which caused everyone to sweat-drop as Sanji made his way back into the kitchen. Sanji dragged Luffy by his ear yelling at him, "it doesn't work like that, you idiot!" Luffy laughed while Sanji huffed at the foolish captain.

Meanwhile, you and Nami talked about the captain and the relationship the two of you had. She kept asking embarrassing questions which would make you blush and turn away. Usopp sometimes yells at her to not ask such things, only when you had a really bad reaction or he somehow manages to overhear her. "Stay out of our conversation!" Nami yelled as her eyes turned to flames that grew in his direction.

Putting his hands up in defense he screams back at her, "I shouldn't be able to hear it if it's private!" Nami huffed and stuck her tongue out as she turned back towards you, continuing the conversation.