F O U R T E E N

"Oi Luffy." The seriousness coming from the cook caught everyone's attention. Luffy cocked his head towards the cook, unsure of what was going on. Still unaware of your disappearance, Sanji's eyes were fire. He contemplated saying it in front of everyone, or just telling him personally. Mad for his distressed crew member he explained the captain's lack of empathy due to the current situation.

He yelled at Straw-hat for not even considering your emotional trauma for the place, calling him an idiot. Once all the talk was about you, he realized you were missing. Luffy was mad about having to talk like this in front of their new guest, not wanting to make her feel bad too.
Sanji picked up on the concern for your guest, but frankly, he didn't care, explaining that your crying form was in the bedroom. Luffy reacted in probably the worst way possible, "I don't want to deal with crying babies." He huffed at the thought and turned around. Of course, he cared for you but he didn't understand how traumatic that place actually was for you.

You overheard the whole conversation, Nami getting upset at the Captain for saying such things, enraged by the small smirk that was now on the small giant's face. Luffy waved off your distraught figure and figured he would go talk to you after dinner, telling Sanji to make more food. In total honesty, everyone felt concerned for you but they didn't want to go against their captain.

The captain not caring, and calling you a crybaby due to pretty reasonable trauma broke your heart as you snuck into Library trying to find somewhere to get away and hide. Curled up on the green bench you cried into your hands again, not wanting to listen to anything done with Lily or the Captain.

When Sanji tried to bring you your food he noticed your form was missing and all that was left behind was a tear-stained pillow. When entering the Kitchen, Sanji announced that you were no longer in bed, claiming that you had run off somewhere. Luffy asked Robin to find you using her power, easily find you in the library.

Luffy as he was getting up to check on you Lily complained about your behavior, trying to convince him to leave you be. He gave her a cheeky smile causing her to blush, Robin felt bad looking at your state knowing the captain will too once he saw you. Lily trying to join Luffy was immediately stopped by Nami, saying that this is crew drama, not hers. Lily huffed as Luffy headed towards the library.

When he saw your broken form his heart did falter, Sanji explained to Nami and Robin why he was so upset for you. Nami also getting angry at the ignorant captain. Once he made it over to you, you reduced your sobs to sniffles, "go away I'm just a crybaby. Go have fun." Your voice was short and rough from crying. You still had your back to the captain as arms wrapped around you and pulled you into him.

He held you like a baby as you cried into his chest, explaining how you felt to your captain. He gave no reaction to the information but offered an apology. Also stating that they already agreed to help and they weren't stopping. In Luffy's mind, he wasn't going to let anything happen to you, so he wasn't worried.

You pushed yourself out of his hold and said that you were tired and wanted to go to bed. It wasn't a lie the crying made you sleepy and you didn't want to talk about it anymore. Luffy agreed but grabbed your hand before stopping you, he hated seeing you like this. "I'm not worried, (Your Name)." He gave you a cheeky smile before continuing, "I'll protect you no matter what." Although that did calm you down a bit, your anxiety about the situation did not change. You could feel it in your gut that something was wrong.

Luffy came to bed with you, forgetting to say goodnight to everyone else. It was pitch black now so you'd start looking for her father first thing in the morning. You cuddle into the rubber boy, still feeling unsure about this adventure. Maybe you were just jealous that Lily obviously likes your captain.