[ CODE; 010 ] Nakahara Chuuya and the Dark Era pt3

A/n: interpretation of the Dark Era manga will be slightly different.

After Sakaguchi Ango was rescued by Sakunosuke Oda at the abandoned hospital, the bespectacled man had no choice but to lure his friend to get poisoned with a stray temari ball, thus making Oda bedridden for a couple of hours to prepare him for his fateful meeting with Gide— leader of Mimic.

This leads to a couple of things happening close to canon, however....

When Oda saw the thrashed restaurant and bloodstain on the floor he grew terrified, but the sight of the shop owner's body was nowhere to be found making his stomach bubble with a little hope that he may be alive.

The growing pit of woe in his stomach grew worse when he was the empty room of the kids upstairs. And then the van.

The damned van.

Oda saw /them/ crying for help from the van's window. He had to save them— he had to save the kids—

He had to —

He had to—

A curtain was closed blocking them from his view and then...

The van exploded.

And Oda felt as if the world was telling him he can never be good.

"Mister Curry...?" A strained voice of the same foreign boy Oda and Dazai met a few days ago was heard.

"You—" Oda grabbed the boy's shoulders. "What are YOU doing here?!" With barely contained emotions he exclaimed making the younger flinch.

"Food..." The boy mournfully murmurs in response.

Oda could only choke back a sob. "It's dangerous here kid." He could hear Dazai worried voice in a distance.

"You should go before the mafia arrives."

"Pardon?" Still confused the other boy looks at the older man with pity.

"Here." Oda said in broken English. "Is dangerous. You, go away."

The boy frowns.

"Mister, with me, let's go."

"I can't." Replied the burgundy haired man. "I have things I need to do first."

"Go!"

The boy bit his lip but nodded anyway, disappearing on a corner just as Dazai arrived.

~~~~~

5 minutes before the explosion.

"I dunno why 'yer suddenly attacking me and my restaurant but I won't letcha get 'yer hands on the kids!" The shop owner yelled, raising a spatula at the group of men who barged in his restaurant and shot him in the shoulder.

"..." The men— there were two— as if ghosts spoke nothing, only aiming their rifle at his head and pulling the trigger.

A body fell to the floor with a loud thump.

The shop owner closed his eyes, expecting contact but.... It never came.

When he opened his eyes he was in a completely different room.

"Urgh—!" A voice grunted from somewhere in the room. "Catching one bullet without The Tainted Sorrow was one thing... Catching two??? Hurts like a b!tch!" An unfamiliar voice complained making the man turn to the owner and barely hiding his gasp in surprise.

"Percy-kun!" The restaurant owner exclaims in shock. "you're speaking fluent Japanese...?"

The boy was indeed the kid that visited his restaurant a few days ago.