[ CODE ; 004 ] Partners, amirite? (:

Alternatively: Yokohama Gangster Paradise

Chuuya, Kunikida, Atsushi and the Tanizaki siblings- after clearing up the exam, went to Uzumaki café downstairs to have a break.

Chuuya was absentmindedly scrolling on his phone- speedrunning chapter 3 of the BSD manga, to prepare himself for the following events.

Assuming it still follows somewhat a similar path to the original narrative.

Chuuya missed the part where Naomi started molesting her brother- he already brushed through that part- Chuuya by all means do NOT want to witness it firsthand like right now.

"By the way..." He heard Atsushi ponder just as he was getting to the end of the chapter, "What did you guys do before joining the agency?"

Chuuya turns off his phone and smirked at the younger male.

"Well, Atsushi-kun, that's for us to know and for you to find out."

"....eh...?"

"Call it an initiation right or passage." Chuuya places his chin on his gloved hand and grinned. "The newbie gets to test out their detective skills and identify the former works of their seniors."

"Oh!" Atsushi blinked, suddenly bright eyed. "I see... Well..."

"Tanizaki-san and Naomi-san are perhaps, students?"

"Amazing!" Tanizaki spoke in awe.

"How did you know?" The sister tilted her head as she presses closer to her brother.

"Well, Naomi-san is wearing a uniform... And Tanizaki-san seems to be around my age so-"

"Great!" Chuuya cuts in a devious smirk on his face as he pats his partner's back. "How about Kunikida~?"

"My former job is non of the importance-" the blond seeths.

"A government official perhaps?" Atsushi pondered, making Chuuya chuckle and Kunikida deflate.

"Close enough," Chuuya took the liberty to nibble on the sandwich he ordered prior. "Kunikida was a math teacher."

An image of Kunikida appeared in a thought bubble above Atsushi which only Chuuya- Reader-san, could see.

It depicted Kunikida slamming his hand on the blackboard and yelling: "THAT IS NOT HOW YOU GRAPH A LINEAR EQUATION!"

Ah yes, a good day to choke on your sandwich.

And get PTSD from your past life welp-

"What about me, then?" Chuuya- after drinking some water- actually choked ha, loser- asks. ("That was unecessary, Minsoo!")

"Chuuya-san?"

Stare

"Chuuya-san was..."

More staring

"Chuuya-san was......."

"It's no use." Kunikida interjects.

"His former job is one of the agency's seven mysteries."

"Like Hanako-san of the bathroom?" Chuuya adds unhelpfully.

"Wasn't there a prize to whoever gets it right?" Tanizaki questions.

"Correct." Chuuya affirmed. "And since no one has gotten it correct yet, the prize just gets piling up."

[ Han Minsoo : Going for the Dazai en-route? Simp. ]

[ Nakahara Chuuya : try saying that in front of my face brat ]

[ Han Minsoo : jeez, touchy subject, sorry. ]