[ CODE ; 009 ] Nakahara Chuuya and the Dark Era pt2

When Dazai awoke, he was met with the scent of alcohol and fresh lavender.

Not the typical mix of scent one would use but he knew all too well who in particular likes the scent of fresh lavender.

Also knowing fully well that the scent of alcohol came from himself.

With a groan, Dazai rolled out of his bed and exited his room in Chuuya's penthouse. Wading into the kitchen in search for something he could loot off of the redhead's fridge.

And was met with a bowl of warm porridge instead, with a note beside it.

'Doc glasses dropped your drunk ass off.'

Was written in Chuuya's handwriting.

' Made some lugaw* to ease your hangover. Eat, clean up and leave the f#ck to work you lazy-a$$ fish. I'm on my mission now, don't destroy the place damn it!'

A cheeky grin made its way to Dazai's face.

"Feels great to have a chibi wife." He sniggered.

"I'm telling this to Odasaku~"

Somewhere, Chuuya suddenly sneezed.

"It's either someone is talking sh!t about you...." Minsoo pointedly remarks, "or someone is talking sh!t about you."

In which Chuuya deliberately ignores.

"You sure you'll handle the mission well?"

The white haired narrator scoffed, snapping his fingers and changing into Nakahara Chuuya's form.

As much as Chuuya appreciates the help, it's feels weird and traumatic to see himself- and one that's not in front of a mirror.

"As your double? Probably, yeah, it's only a retrieval mission. You said so yourself reader-san."

Minsoo then frowns. "But reader-san, this is a huge favor, why are you doing so much for these characters instead of witnessing the story go on as it is?"

Chuuya bit his lip in contemplation. "The Flags." He said simply.

Minsoo raised a brow, "What about them?"

"When I was back... In my world." Chuuya starts while changing his clothes and putting on a wig. "The real world." He adds.

"A new light novel has been released, it was STORM BRINGER, and I read the fan- translation by Jay on Google Docs, to say a couple of characters from the first chapter completely crushed and obliterated my heart and soul."

Readers-san slides on the blue colored hoodie.

"But when I was Chuuya, the first part i thought... Whatever is happening to me is a really long dream."

He looks as his ungloved hands.

"And sooner or later I'll wake up and go on my life as a fan."

"But when they died, it felt too real."

Chuuya clenches his fists.

"Way too real... I..."

He took a deep breath.

"It's selfish of me, as a reader and a fan whom witnessed the future time and time again but... I don't want to witness it again."

"And Ango is needed, why?" Minsoo tilts his head.

Chuuya puts a finger over his mouth like a shushing motion, and grins a bittersweet smile.

"For future purposes, if Dazai doesn't, y'know?"