+ 1-800-EXTERMINATOR-BOY | Dexter x Male!Reader +

Requested by vellichorith

Had a bit of trouble coming up with a plot for this one, sorry!

I also apologize how long this took, I've been in a bit of pain recently from PE, and writers block has been hitting me hard because of English class. I hate school, I really do.

This takes place a few months before the Moloch incident.

---

It was a boring day for you. You had the day off of work, none of your friends wanted to hang out with you, and not to mention the fact recently your apartment building had been invested with rats. God, the little annoying creatures. At night, all you could hear was them scurrying around inside of the walls.

You were lucky enough to be able to manage to keep them out of your apartment by yourself for the most part, but the others in your building obviously didn't. You had heard a rumor that the building manager had hired and exterminator to try and fix the problem. However, it would be a multiple day job, and a practically impossible one to complete. Alone, that is. Not like you could do much to help him, though. You could keep them out of your house, not the others houses as well. You could manage to keep them out of your house because of your cat, Pickles. So truly, you were ultimately useless to the operation, no matter how much you might want to help the poor soul tasked with cleaning out your building of the rodent problem.

You had began to go mad, listening to the pitter patter of the rats while attempting to sleep at night. You had come close to ripping the hair straight off of your scalp, that's how bad it was getting. You weren't sure if you could take it any longer. You were beginning to get headaches, were always tired, and started to barely be able to function. If this exterminator didn't come soon, you were probably going to move out. Let's hope that you can get through this.

---

It had been a week, and the exterminator was finally here. Dexter, that's what you heard his name was. You bolted outside of your apartment, and noticed the man. He didn't seem to have a truck or anything of the sort, implying he had simply walked here. The poor dude didn't have anywhere to sleep while he was doing this, did he?

Now that you think about it, maybe you could help a bit. By offering the poor man a place to sleep while he was on the job. Sure, it wasn't much, and might come off as a bit strange, but what more could you do? You wanted to assist in the actual extermination part of the job, but he quite obviously knew a lot more than you did about exterminating rodents.

Approaching the man so suddenly would be a bit weird, so you were going to have to wait till he came to your apartment to check for any rodents. Which, there were none, of course. Pickles did a great job at keeping them out. You hoped it wouldn't take too long for him to get to yours. After all, you lived on the first floor. If Dexter worked fast enough, he would probably get to your apartment in an hour or so. That's what you hoped, at least.

You gave a friendly wave at him, and he hesitated for a moment before waving back. He didn't seem weirded out, just caught off guard that somebody was interacting with him besides making him get the pests or rodents out of their home. You were a bit confused by that. Didn't he have any friends? He seemed like a nice guy.

You mentally shrugged, before quickly heading back into your apartment. No point in standing outside all day. That would probably just get you either really sun-burnt or hypothermia, depending on how the weather continued to behave. For now, you were gonna sit down on your couch and watch some indie game play-throughs.