aurora XII

lol this is the worst thing ive ever written  

"Daemon! We weren't expecting you. Has Laena come with you?" Laenor asked the man who had taken her arm to wrap around his own, peering to look behind him as he asked.

"Unfortunately not. This wasn't a planned visit. Good that because I've been informed I'm extremely late," the white-haired man looked down at her.

She blushed and ducked her head, "I said I was sorry."

Daemon Targaryen was a very charming man, she noticed. It had only been a few minutes with him, but she was blushing more around him than she ever has around anyone else. She knew he was the cause, and, to make things worse, he knew he was the cause. His visit would not be very fun for her, it was starting to seem.

"If you'll excuse us, I have some business with my dear cousin," Daemon steered her down the hall.

She turned around to yell out to Laenor, "Have you heard anything?"

"Not yet!" Laenor just managed to yell before they turned the corner.

Not yet. Aurora hated those words. She did only tell them to write if it would be a moon cycle or longer, and it had only been one week. Still, she didn't like not knowing what was happening.

"Just where is my niece?" Daemon leaned closer to her to ask.

"She took her siblings to King's Landing for a visit," she tried to subtly lean away, his entire presence was a lot to take in all at once.

"Ah. I must say, I'm surprised they lasted that long," he smirked.

She felt the need to defend her friends, "They're coming back! They're going to check something. They'll be home soon!"

"Relax, issa zaldrizes," he told her. He needed to stop doing that. She didn't speak High Valyrian, and she didn't have the memory capacity to be able to ask Rhaenyra what everything he was saying meant.

"I don't speak High Valyrian," she repeated.

They reached a door she had never opened. She almost had the entire castle explored in her year here. But, she hadn't gotten to this door. Daemon opened it, and she was severely disappointed to find it was just another set of chambers. She didn't know what she was expecting, but she wanted it to be more exciting.

She realized a moment later that these could've been Daemon's old chambers by the way he was strolling around the room like he owned it. Though, she had a feeling he did that with every room.

"Sit," he nodded at a chair. She obeyed, watching him pull out a book from the bag he had thrown across his back. She didn't even notice he had that. It was an old and tattered book, the title barely legible. She couldn't even read it as it was in the damned language she didn't speak let alone read and understand.

"Can that book even be read?" She asked him, taking another look at it. It looked like it would fall apart with one tiny move. How it managed to survive a ride on dragon back was a miracle. No wonder Daemon took so long removing it from his bag.

He laughed a bit, sitting down next to her, "Carefully, it can. I'm so incredibly late due to this."

She groaned a bit, opening her mouth to complain when he laughed again, cutting her off, "A jest, byka zaldrīzes. This book is rumored to come from the Valyrian Freehold. The legitimacy of that claim can greatly be disputed."

"How did you manage to get it?" She asked him, scanning the cover of the old book. If the rumor was true, she was looking at a piece of one of the most important parts of history.