rhaenyra VI

Haystack Hall wasn't far from King's Landing. Syrax would get there in no time at all. Resisting the urge to burn the place to the ground would be the difficult part. How many towers could possibly be in Haystack Hall anyway? She would find the tallest one, rescue her cousin, and burn it to the ground.

"Nyra? What's wrong?" A voice startled her out of her thoughts. Nyra? Why was Aemond calling her 'Nyra'? She looked towards the voice; it wasn't Aemond. It was Laenor. When did Laenor get here?

It was then that she realized she was no longer in her chambers. She was standing outside the dragon pit. Laenor was watching her in confusion, his hair windswept. He must've just gotten back from a ride on Seasmoke. She must've walked here without realizing. Aurora's letter tugged at her instinct to protect and she must've been on her way to gather Syrax and go get the poor girl.

Laenor reached down to gently take the letter that was in her hand. She didn't even notice she still had it in her hands. He read it before looking up at her with a pitying look, "She hasn't mentioned anything else in your letters?"

She shook her head, still reeling from her body's subconscious moving, "No. This is the first time."

He nodded, taking a moment to form his words, "And why did you come here?"

She wanted to slap him upside the head, was it not obvious? She narrowed her eyes at him, "She needs help, Laenor. I-"

"You'll what, Rhaenyra? Fly to Haystack Hall and get her yourself? You can't just kidnap a Lord's daughter. We can find a better way to help her. One that won't put more problems onto her," he interrupted her. She was annoyed by him thinking reasonably. She was even more annoyed that he was causing her to start thinking rationally.

He was right. The Baratheons were loyal to the crown, but kidnapping a daughter of the brother of the Lord of Storm's End would certainly not end well. Though... Aurora was a daughter that no one knew existed, who would really notice besides her father? It would be so easy to just take Syrax to get her.

She shook her head to clear her thought, Laenor was right, "What do you suppose we do, then? We can't just leave her alone when she's clearly distraught."

He looked down at the letter again, thinking for a moment before his eyes lit up with an idea, "Leave it to me, alright? I'll take care of it."

She trusted Laenor more than she's ever trusted anyone, but she couldn't push down the slight look of distrust before it made its appearance, "What will you do?"

"You'll find out if it works," Laenor gave her a kiss on the forehead before he took off in the direction of the Keep. She watched him go, wondering what on Earth he could possibly be thinking was a good idea if simply going to get her was a bad one. Rhaenyra would only allow her mind to calm once Aurora was safe under her roof, along with her other children. She was only slightly surprised by the ferocity she had when it came to this little girl she'd only known for about a month now, but she had been weirdly protective of small, defenseless things ever since Jace had gotten sick. She felt a primal need to care for them.

She looked towards the door of the dragon pit, feeling Syrax's own protectiveness radiating through her. Perhaps she could go for a ride to calm them both down. She started to walk towards the pit when she got the feeling she was forgetting something. She racked her brain to find out what before she stopped dead in her tracks with realization. Aemond.

She turned around and rushed back to her chambers, hoping the boy wasn't too confused at her sudden departure. She had a small smile as hurried back; it was slightly amusing. She just had to explain why she rushed out, but keep it tame enough so he wouldn't worry. Aurora could explain everything to them all when she was finally there. And she would be. Soon, if Laenor's idea doesn't have a good outcome. Rhaenyra's family would be all together and safe; she wouldn't rest until it happened.