Death of the Doctor and the Bad Wolf

The Doctor and Jessie arrive just in time for their funeral, and meet not only Sarah Jane Smith, but Jo Grant as well. The kids also learn just how different the Time Lords can be . . . especially in the way they talk to each other. ;)

Enjoy "Death of the Doctor and the Bad Wolf!"

***

"There you are!" Sarah Jane Smith shouted as she caught up to Clyde and Rani.

She and Jo Jones, former companion of the Doctor, hadn't been having the best day. She'd gotten a report from UNIT on her doorstep that the Doctor and the Bad Wolf were dead, but she hadn't believed them for a second. The Bad Wolf was practically invincible, even more so with the Doctor at her side. But she'd come anyway, with Rani and Clyde, to meet the Shansheeth, and had met Jo and her grandson, Santiago. Both had come to the same conclusion: they were both still alive.

And it was even weirder, considering even Jenny, the Time Lords' own daughter, hadn't been invited by UNIT to come to the burial. SHIELD should have had first rights to their bodies, since the Bad Wolf was a former agent. None of the Avengers nor any of the SHIELD team were there either. There was no other explanation.

"Sarah Jane, it's the Shansheeth," Clyde panted. "They're lying through their beaks! They want you and Jo. This whole thing's a trap."

"I knew it!" Sarah Jane grinned.

"Hold on," Jo held up a hand. "If they're lying, that means . . . the Doctor and the Bad Wolf are still alive!"

"Yes!" Sarah Jane cheered.

"Of course we're still alive, Jo," Clyde's mouth moved, but someone else's voice spoke from it. "I thought that was obvious. Catch up!"

Jo blinked. "I beg your pardon?"

Sarah Jane frowned. "Clyde, is that you?"

"'Course it's not!" the person using Clyde's body scoffed. "It's me! I'm using Clyde as a receiver. I keyed into his residual artron energy so I can organize a very complicated biological swap across ten thousand light years. Hold on."

Clyde cried out, his body flaring with energy, and he panted. "That was't me!" he gasped. "That wasn't me speaking! I'm getting - " He paused, holding up his hand, looking at the back of it . . . the skin turning white. "That's not my hand, because my hand's not white!"

Clyde screamed, and suddenly, it was a battle of the bodies. Clyde was one of them. The other was a young man with dark, floppy hair, green eyes, and wearing a tweed jacket, braces, and a bow tie. "Sorry, Clyde!" the second man called as their bodies switched. "But this . . . space . . . is . . . taken!" Finally, the second man won out, and he stumbled back. "Good! So . . . " He got his balance, then rubbed his hands together. "Gosh, that was different. Hello, everyone!" he waved.

"Who are you?" Rani glared. "Where's Clyde?"

"Come on, Rani, use your brain!" the man huffed. "Clyde and I swapped places! I'm where he was, he's where I was, which means, right now, unless my sweetheart of a goddess isn't there anymore . . . ooo." He made a face. "He's in a lot of trouble."

"You bring him back, whoever you are!" Rani yelled, about to jump him.

"No, no, no," Sarah Jane shook her head furiously. "Rani, don't you see?" She walked up to the man, seeing him look at her fondly. "It's you, isn't it?" she asked breathlessly. "You've done it again."

"We did it again," he corrected, but smiled. "Hello, Sarah Jane."

Sarah Jane laughed in relief. "Doctor!"