The Hungry Earth

So many of you were excited to see the sort of appearance of past companions last chapter! Here's the good news: every single companion will meet during the 11s' time! I just won't say when, or how. All that I will say is that it's going to be epic. ;)

Here's "The Hungry Earth!"

***

"Behold . . . " The Doctor threw his arms out proudly as he exited the TARDIS. "Rio!"

Amy took one look around the graveyard they were in and shook her head. "Nah."

"Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe," Rory added as he came out.

"No?" the Doctor pouted before frowning at the ground. "Ooo . . . feel that, though."

Jessie stepped out of the TARDIS next and instantly made a face. "Oh, what is that?" she wrinkled her nose, jumping up and down a bit. "That's weird."

"Ground feels strange," the Doctor nodded.

"What's weird?" Rory asked.

"Doctor, stop trying to distract us," Amy frowned. "We're in the wrong place." The Doctor instead dropped down to take a look at the grass, Jessie looking at the other side of the valley. "Doctor, it's freezing, and I've dressed for Rio. We are not stopping here, Doctor." He didn't answer. "You listening to me? It's a graveyard! You promised me a beach!"

"Blue grass," the Doctor mused, holding up a bit. "Patches of it all around the graveyard. So, Earth, 2030-ish, ten years in your future."

"And the wrong continent for Rio," Jessie added.

"But it's not a massive overshoot!" he protested.

"Why are those people waving at us?" Amy asked, pointing to the two people waving on the other side of the valley.

The Doctor blinked. "Can't be," he muttered.

Rory started to wave back, but Amy stopped him. "Don't," she said.

The Doctor pulled out a pair of binoculars and looked. "It is!" he gasped, eyes wide. "It's you two!"

Rory shook his head. "No, we're here. How can we be up there?"

"Ten years in your future," Jessie shrugged. "Maybe you came back to relive past glories."

"Humans," the Doctor said fondly. "You're so nostalgic."

Amy blinked. "We're still together in ten years?"

Rory snorted. "No need to sound so surprised."

Amy grinned. "Hey, let's go and talk to them! We can say hi to future us! How cool is that?!"

"Er, no," the Doctor shook his head quickly. "Best not. Really best not. These things get complicated very quickly, and - " He saw something and got distracted. "Oh, look," he grinned, pointing to a drill. "Big mining thing. Oh, I love a big mining thing!" Amy sighed in frustration as Jessie shook her head fondly. "See, way better than Rio! Rio doesn't have a big mining thing."

"We're not going to have a look, are we?" Amy whispered to Jessie.

"Three, two," she counted off.

"Let's go and have a look!" the Doctor grinned, and Amy groaned, dropping her head. Jessie laughed and patted her on the shoulder, following the Doctor. "Come on, you two. Let's see what they're doing!"

"If he can't get us to Rio, how's he ever going to get us back home?" Rory asked Amy.

"Did you not see over there?" Amy asked. "It all works out fine. Besides, I bet the Bad Wolf would pilot that one," she joked.