The Big Bang

Two Bad Wolves plus the season finale equals fun. :) And two class periods of my mom's geometry classes to write. :P Enjoy!

P.S., read the author's note. :) I would.

OK, now enjoy "The Big Bang!"

***

"So, the universe ended," Rory was sniffing to Amy as he tried to control his tears. "You missed that, in 102 AD. I suppose this means you and I never get born at all. Twice, in my case. You would have laughed at that." Amy didn't answer, and he sniffed again. "Please laugh! The Doctor said the universe was huge and ridiculous, and sometimes there were miracles. I could do with a ridiculous miracle about now."

The Doctor suddenly fizzled into existence in front of them, wearing a fez on his head with a mop over his shoulder. "Rory!" he grinned. "Listen, she's not dead. Well, she is dead, but it's not the end of the world. Well, it is the end of the world. Actually, it's the end of the universe . . . oh, no. Hang on!"

"Doctor?" Rory gawped, but the man disappeared. "Doctor!"

He came back, now without the mop. "You need to get me out of the Pandorica," he said.

"But . . . you're not in the Pandorica."

"Yes, I am. Well, I'm not now, but I was back then . . . well, back now from your point of view, which is back then from my point of view. Time travel. You can't keep it straight in your head. It's easy to open from the outside. Just point and press." He handed his sonic screwdriver over. "Now go."

He vanished, but suddenly there was a dark-haired young woman, and his jaw dropping, Rory recognized her. "By the way, leave that in her top pocket when you're done," the First Bad Wolf winked before she disappeared. "Good luck, Rory!"

Rory blinked, shaking his head. "What the hell?"

***

Rory stood in front of the Pandorica a few moments later, aiming the sonic screwdriver. He opened the Pandorica, and the Doctor stared at him as he was released. "How did you do that?" he asked.

"You gave me this," Rory answered, holding the sonic screwdriver up.

The Doctor slowly held up his own. "No, you didn't."

"You did!" Rory insisted. "Look at it!"

"Oh, be fair," an American voice said behind them, and they both stared as the First Bad Wolf stepped out from behind the Pandorica, rolling her eyes. "It's temporal energy. It's the same screwdriver at different points in the time stream."

"Ah," the Doctor nodded slowly. "Right. So, me from the future gave it to him."

"Exactly."

"I've got a future," he nodded. "That's nice. And you're nice. Good to see you again."

"Not the best date we've been on, though," the First Bad Wolf nodded at the fossilized enemies around them.

"Ooo . . . " The Doctor frowned. "No, it's not."

"Um . . . " Rory pointed back and forth. "Explain?"

"I looked into the heart of the TARDIS and became the Bad Wolf," the First Bad Wolf explained as the Doctor looked around at all of their enemies. "From where, Bad Wolf was scattered across time and space. It's only in the extremely bad situations I pop up."

"Like when the Master caused a paradox and it lasted for a whole year," the Doctor elaborated, looking up from over a fossilized Dalek's head. "The Year That Never Was. That year never existed. We got married after that. Lovely ceremony. Black-sand beach. Still got the scar," he added, holding up his right hand, and Rory squinted, seeing the scar he meant, a deep cut that had healed into a visible scar. "Oh, and then when she tried to stop me from changing time on Bowie Base One - "