Amy's Choice

This was definitely entertaining to write. :) Thank you to all who helped me figure out what to do for the end of this, and you know who you are. ;) In this chapter, we'll see just what the Dream Lord thinks of Jessie, Rory defends his Pilot, someone makes an appearance a few books early, and just how deep into Amy's dreams does the Dream Lord go to prove her wrong?

Read on. ;)

***

A very pregnant Amy Pond was working on mixing ingredients for a cake mix, when she suddenly gasped. "RORY!" she screamed. "Rory, it's starting!"

Rory dashed in a few moments later, his hair long and in a ponytail, to see Amy sitting on the floor and snacking on her cake mix. "Ah," he nodded. "OK, OK."

"False alarm," she told him.

Rory blinked. "What?"

"Well, I don't know what it feels like!" she protested. "I've never had a baby before - " She paused, hearing a familiar wheezing outside. "No!" she gasped.

"I know, leaf blowers," Rory rolled his eyes. "Use a rake."

"No, it's - !" She jumped to her feet, looking out the blinds and beaming when she saw the TARDIS sitting outside. "I knew it!"

***

Jessie jumped after the Doctor as they exited the TARDIS. "Rory!" the Doctor cheered when the man ran out.

"Doctor!" he answered with a smile, giving Jessie a hug. "Bad Wolf!"

"We've crushed your flowers," the Doctor pouted, eyeing them.

"Oh, Amy will kill you," Rory told them.

"Where is she, anyway?" Jessie asked.

"She'll need a bit longer."

"Whenever you're ready, Amy!" the Doctor called. Amy finally made it out the door, and the Doctor blinked. "Oh, way-hey!" he greeted, pointing at her in surprise. "You've swallowed a planet!"

"I'm pregnant," was all Amy said as she hugged them.

"You're huge!"

"Yeah, I'm pregnant."

"Look at you, when worlds collide!"

"Doctor, I'm pregnant."

"Oh, five years later, and you haven't changed a bit," Jessie chuckled, shaking her head fondly.

"Apart from age and . . . size," the Doctor eyed Amy.

"Oh, it's good to see you, Doctor," Amy beamed.

The Doctor nodded before blinking and asking, "Are you pregnant?"

That earned him a swat in the chest from his wife.

***

"Ah, Leadworth," the Doctor beamed as they walked through the town, arm in arm with Jessie. "Vibrant as ever."

"It's Upper Leadworth, actually," Rory said. "We've gone slightly upmarket."

"Where is everyone?"

"This is busy." Amy shuffled when the Doctor and Jessie looked at her incredulously. "OK, it's quiet, but it's really restful and healthy. Loads of people here live well into their nineties."

"Nice," Jessie complimented.

"Well, don't let that get you down," the Doctor told her.

"It's not getting me down," Amy frowned.