A Tale of Two Time Lords

Heads up, no, this is NOT a dream. ;)

Where others' opinions are known, and Pond and Williams go snooping . . . but is it snooping if the TARDIS lets them?

Enjoy. :)

***

Amy had been searching for at least twenty minutes for the Bad Wolf when she started to wonder if this really was another nightmare . . . except this one was real, and the Bad Wolf had died because of it.

The Doctor had denied it immediately, telling them about how if one of them died, the other would, too. That had just made Rory freak out more, and she'd suggested going different ways. Three searches at once would be better than just one huge search.

She was wandering down one corridor when the TARDIS hummed suddenly. She frowned, looking around. "What is it?" she asked.

A lock clicked next to her, and Amy frowned, trying the door. She opened it and found herself somewhere she didn't expect.

A bedroom.

She stepped inside, cautious about what to touch and what not to, as she was probably intruding. It was normal, she supposed, with a dark colored bed that reminded her of wine and dark blue walls, a writing desk in the corner. A bookshelf along the wall was full of books Rory might enjoy. They were all about medical practices. Amy ran her finger along the spine of one and saw a photo on the desk, of a lovely young black woman with a girl that looked like her. "Martha Jones," she read off of the frame.

There was another picture next to that one, of Martha and a blonde girl, Martha in a wine-colored dress, the blonde in a . . . rather revealing black one. Amy's eyes widened when she recognized the girl. "Bad Wolf," she whispered.

Another lock clicked, and Amy opened a drawer in the desk. She pulled out the only book that was inside: a leather bound journal. She bit her lip before looking up. "Isn't this private?" she asked.

The TARDIS merely buzzed at her.

Amy fidgeted before she finally opened the book to where a bookmark was placed. She scanned as quickly as she could, but her eyes widened as she read it off. "It's only been a few hours since we left Manhattan, and the Doctor and the Bad Wolf still aren't talking to each other," she read. "I think I've just witnessed the worst fight ever, and I've seen my own parents go at it. The Bad Wolf was accused of being a serial killer and letting her best friend die because of superior orders. I can still hear her crying from nearby. The TARDIS is upset, too. I don't know if things will ever look up for the two of them again, but if there's a way to get them back to the way they were before, I'm going to do it."

Amy slowly looked up from the book, biting her lip. "Is this what you wanted me to see?" she asked. The TARDIS hummed, a bit more quietly.

Amy caught the silent urge and flipped a few more pages, sitting down in the chair to the desk to read some more. "I could never imagine 42 more stressful minutes ever. Riley and I were nearly sent to our deaths by an escape pod, but the Bad Wolf saved us, at the risk of her mind being invaded by a living sun. I've never seen her in that much pain before, and I've never seen the Doctor so panicked, either. I think things are finally starting to look up for them. I hope so. They've been through so much together, and I don't want it to be ruined by one simple argument." She didn't hear the door close behind her as footsteps sounded down the hallway, nor did she hear the footsteps, either. She flipped to the next page that was marked, and her eyes widened as she quickly read more. "Correction to my previous entry. The Bad Wolf is literally dying. Now I know what it's like to see her in pain. Screaming and pale, and I can see every vein in her body. Her right heart's stopped, and the Doctor says her regeneration cells are dying. Trying to become human to avoid the Family of Blood was the worst mistake he could have made. Had he opened his bloody watch sooner, all of this would have been avoided. But I think the Doctor's finally realized that he can't just keep pushing the Bad Wolf away. He's had his one shot, and now it's nearly gone. I've never seen him so agitated before. We just have to hope that the Tesseract and the Aether work together to bring the Bad Wolf back. I dread to think of what would happen if she doesn't wake up."