Popularity

I feel like I haven't updated in years-

So uh yeah take this :]

(Still NZ POV)

We walked all the way to the dormitories without stopping. If it had been Nada and America like planned then it wouldn't have been too bad, but since it was Mum and Dad...the less said the better.

The countries that we came across all revealed their true identies as owls and would crane their necks to look at us.

I sighed, taking my phone out of my pocket. I needed some wholesome interaction with my friend right now-

"New Zealand, put your phone away." Mum's voice ran out from in front of me.

Howdidsheevenknow- "Okay Mum." I slid it back into my pocket.

Fiji nudged me playfully. "Hey, don't look so glum New. You can always talk to your Bel later~"

"Shut up Fiji, we're just friends." Though I had fallen hard for her at the beginning, we had a great friendship already so my feelings kind of died down. Why should I ruin that?

Fiji just smirked and turned to Australia, who made the same face and began to poke light fun at me. And then I, in turn poked fun at Aussie for still not having the guts to ask out South Africa. Aus blushed so hard that Ji and I almost busted a gut laughing.

Just like old times...with the 4 of us being together-

I froze and closed my mouth quickly. A chill washed over me. I probably looked like I had seen a ghost, but Fiji and Aus had similar expressions on their faces.

What the heck just happened?

"Did you guys feel that?" I spoke shakily.

"Maybe..." Australia whispered to us. "Were you guys also thinking of Tuvalu?"

The atmosphere around us darkened at the name, but Fiji and I nodded.

"That was probably it then. Some telekinesis that we have." Fiji brushed herself off, dismissing the topic. "Now let's speed up before Dad causes another scene."

We didn't have to be told twice, we hasted over to the reception where our parents now stood. Mum was holding up our keys victoriously while Dad gave the worker behind the counter a generous tip and walked off.

"Thank you both so much! Come again soon!" He shouted happily. Our parents smiled at him and walked to direct the movers to where they were meant to go.

When us triplets walked past the receptionist, he looked in our direction with new and higher esteem in his eyes.

"I bet you three are so happy to have parents like that! I see nothing wrong with such a perfect family!" He spoke confidently, as if he knew his words to be true.

We all smiled at him, but like has this guy never heard of all those songs and movies with the perfect family having a dark secret? I bet he's never even listened to 'Dollhouse' by Melanie Martinez for heaven's sake!

Finally leaving behind that ignorance of society, we came to our dorms. They were supposed to be two in number. Australia and I would share one while Fiji planned to room with South Africa.

But we saw three before us. Each one had one of our names on it. Goddammit-

"Uhm sir?" America was there, he looked pissed off while talking to Dad. "There's only supposed to be two dorms. Not three."