More Talking [08]

Your eyes finally began creaking open after a few hours. Finally getting your brain working, you felt someone else there aside from a small little bump near your feet (which you knew was your
cat).

 You see a figure in the dark, but it looked very vague. Squinting (blind mf /j/j), you see a puffy haired kid, fast asleep, turned away from you. He seemed a bit far. Shifting over to your clock, you see that it's 6:55. Jeez, it's still almost 7. Some breakfast might help to start the day, though.

 Slowly picking your body up, you suddenly hear a THUD, and immediately turned around, startled.

 "Oww..." Player groaned, popping his head up from the side of the bed. He noticed you finally sitting up right. "Oh! Morning [Y/N]!"

 "Uh, morning, haha." You slightly smile, still tired.

 "Did you sleep okay?" Player crawls back onto the bed and sits criss-cross.

 "Yeah, sorta." You scratched your head. "My neck feels a bit odd."

 "Oh, that happens to me too, sometimes! Warm water helps." Player made movements with a smile with his hands as he talked, putting his index finger up. "That's what my dad told me before."

 "Oh, alright." You say. There was a bit of silence, before you got a itty bit curious.

 "Say, about your.. dad." You turn over to Player. "How's he like?"

 Player almost looked like they sucked their teeth in reluctance, but kept themself firm and sighed. "Uh.. well... my dad's... hard to read. Sometimes, he's caring, sometimes he's just.. absent from the rest of the house and stuck in the tub, leaving me all alone. Sometimes he's strict and other times he's aggressive." Player sinks his head into his hand and set his arm on his leg. "He's just... difficult, to put it shortly."

 You didn't expect issues, but not all that. "Maybe he just cares and doesn't know how to show it?"

 "I guess he might." Player shrugged. "But why did you want to bring him up now?"

 "Well, you barely talk about him and when you do, it's just a brief mention, or something negative. I just wanted to see why he sucked so bad."

 "Because whenever I talk about him, it brings down everybodys mood, and he's just too much to talk about!" Player groans. "And I hate doing that to people."

 "Says the one that said his dad would care less bluntly before." You rolled your eyes.

 "But it is true." Player looks you dead in the face. "A lot of the time, he doesn't."

 "...Oh." You look at the cover. "That's uh... unfortunate."

 "..Yeah." Player looks to the side. They suddenly then look back at you and slide closer. "See?! It brings down the mood!"

 "I can see it now." You look back at them as well, chuckling a bit. "Man."

 "What?" Player tilted his head.

 "Oh, uh.. It's just how could you be related to somebody like that? You're such a joy to be around and.. your father sounds like the opposite."

 "Aw, (Y/N)!" Player smirked, scratching the back of his head. "I try my best to be this way."

 "Yeah, and you're doing great at it." You smile.

 Player looks at you with a grin. "You're gonna make me blush, c'mon!"

 "But I'm being serious!" You laughed a bit, before Player gives you a light shove.

 "Let's drop this." Player turned over to the door. "We gotta get some breakfast!"

 "Right." You nod. "I was gonna get water anyway."

 "You definitely need it." Player says. "Your voice sounds raspy as hell." He chuckled. 

 You rolled your eyes once more. "Yeah, yeah..." 

 Player slips out off the bed, as [Cat] finally wakes up.

 "Hey [Cat]!" Player notices, as the cat finally stretches and yawns, before facing the two. "Done with your cat nap?" He smugly asked.

 "Pff, cheesy joke." You crossed your arms. Player's smile only widened, but didn't say a thing. [Cat] jumped off the bed and meowed, waiting for the door to be opened. Player walked over and opened the door for [Cat], who basically went RUNNING downstairs. Player then turned to you, and stepped out from the doorway.

 "After you." Player said, bowing and looking up at you. You scoffed.

 "Thanks." You say, before walking out to the hallway. Player follows close behind, shutting the door.

______

𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐟𝐟,,, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐨 𝐈 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭