Store [04]

I altered a bit more of this chapter 
If you read it before, you'll see it
_________

 Player leads you inside the store over to the Cashier. He looked tired, and pretty much sick of the environment he's in entirely. You completely understood this because it was literally 4 in the morning.

 "Welcome to 'A Generic Convenience Store'." Cashier said flatly, looking down at his arm. "Talk to me if you want to buy something." He said simply before going back to slouching his head on his hand and staring into space.

 "Hi again, Cashier!" Was the only words that snapped Cashier to reality to look at the people that walked in. "Oh. You again. I thought you already got the usual."

 "I'm back to help my friend (Y/N) pick something to eat at this lovely hour!"

 "...Right." Cashier rubbed his eyes. "Just go pick out something before--"

 Suddenly, there was a "meow" heard from the floor. All three of you look to see your cat messing around with a Witch's Brew on the floor. "Hey.. how'd that cat get in here...?"

 "It's (Y/N)'s cat, [Cat]!" Player cheerfully introduced the cat that was about to make a full can of Witch's Brew explode. You quickly picked it up and set it back into the store's fridge.

 "I am so sorry, my cat just needed to burn off some energy because they're nocturnal and--"

 "Actually," Cashier interrupted, "I could care less on why a literal cat is in this store, and I think I should care more on if someone shoplifts the store or something. I'm not too sure if that even matters anymore."

 "I'm sure it does. I mean, it's a part of your job after all, but you don't have to stress on if it does that much." You reply.

 "Look, I'll let your little cat slide for now. As long as you monitor it. Very closely." Cashier narrowed his eyes at [Cat], who was about to go into the freezer that Player had just opened.

 "HEY!" You yelled, the cat stopped in place, you pick it up and let Player scan check on the can the cat played with. You turned to the Cashier. "Thank you for letting this slide, I'll try hovering over this demon as much as I can."

 "Whatever, as long as it doesn't make a mess and this is a one time thing." Cashier waved his hand, and then checked the clock. Player is just happily standing there watching Cashier turned back to you and you two proceed to awkwardly stare at each other as your cat just explores around the store.

  Cashier finally speaks up. "So.. are you gonna go buy something?"

 "Oh, yeah." You finally remember where you are, and then look around. Player waves at you to go over to a spot where there's some chips nearby and you get a bag. You pay for it, and as you're about to head out, you hear a beeping noise.

 "Perfect timing", The Cashier says, "I'm on break now." Then makes his way outside near the entrance of the Store. You two exit after he does, and walk off, saying your goodbye as he just motions a simple wave.

 "He seemed nice." You said, opening the bag of chips.

 "Yeah, he's the best!" Player smiles. "I've seen him everytime I go out at 4am."

 "He doesn't work during the day?"

 "I've never gone over there in the day." Player shrugs.

 "I'm guessing he works night shifts", you thought. You took a chip out of the bag and began munching on it happily. At least you got that 4am snack you've been craving.
"I'm guessing you've got to go back home now, huh?" Player asks, tilting their head. You nod.

 "Don't you have to go home, too?"

 "Pshh! My dad could care less." Player crossed their arms. "I'd rather be here outside than inside my own home."

 "Your family sounds like they suck." You took another chip out of the bag and ate it.

 "My dad does. I'm not sure about the rest of my family." Player shrugs once more. "(If I have any others...)" Player mumbles from under his breath. You'd really like to comfort them, but you aren't quite sure what to say, but they really sound like they need comfort. You decide to think of something on the spot with the remaining energy you have left.

 "That must suck, but at least you have people around here, like Cashier and me." You try giving a reassuring smile, then chucking a few more chips in your mouth.

 "Yeah, you're right." Player smiles. "Cashier is a good friend, and you are too." That comment gave you a wide smile.

"Thanks. For this being a day old friendship, I'll take it." You give a slight smile. 

 You two stare at each other for a bit, until Player glances behind you. "Uh-- we're-- going past your house."

 "Huh-?" You turn around and realize your house is right there. Your cat even noticed it, and is trying to head right towards it. You got a little embarrassed, your cheeks slightly turning red. You tried laughing it off.

 "Oh, ahahha."

 "Well, this has been fun!" Player says, stepping forward a bit more to face you. He gave a gentle smile. "I'll see you later today?"

 You nod. "Yep."

 "You okay?"

 "Yep."

 "You.. sure?"

 "Yep."

 "Your face looks like you're zoning out."

 "Yyep."

 Player chuckled. "You should probably go inside. I think you're going a bit braindead."

 "Yyyep. Definitely." You wave before finally speed walking over to your house. 

 You open the door, closing it and sighing. You're done peopling enough today. You set the remaining chips in the microwave, and set [Cat] free of it's leash. The cat now freely trots around the house. You then walk upstairs and throw yourself onto your bed, which feels more comfortable than usual.

You slick into the covers and catch some shuteye for the remainder of the night.