Chapter 5

The ride home with Gabriel was very awkward. After he told me that, he let me go and just pushed me inside the car. At first I thought it'd be different, then I realized the old Gabriel was back. I was banging my fingers lightly against the window when we came to a sudden stop, making me go forward. I hissed as the seat-belt burned me and I pulled back fast.

"Dang it." I whispered as I examined my shoulder. It was really red and it hurt a lot. I tried to cover it up with my shirt only to hiss in pain again.

"Let me see that." Gabriel said gently pulling my shirt away from my hurting skin. He turned on the car light and examined it closely. I blushed a little at the closeness of his body. He smirked before bringing his eyes up to mine. "You do realize that I have seen you completely naked?" he asked. I blushed even more and turned away from him.

No guy had ever made me blush like this and I have to admit that it was embarrassing. We stayed quiet for a while, and the car finally started moving. "Well, it just looks like a burn. Nothing serious, but we have to put some burn-relieve cream and patch it up." Gabriel''s voice said from close. I nodded and kept looking out the window.

We finally arrived home and I quickly got off the car. I took my bags down and started walking towards the door. "Miss Reina, I'll take the bags." the driver said. I nodded and handed him the bags. I opened the door and found my future father-in-law on the other side.

"Oh Reina I was so worried." he said also pulling me into a hug. He pushed me back, putting his hand on my shoulder. I cringed in pain as his hold tightened. "You smell like a whore." he said, dissapointment in his voice.

"That's what I get for being arround your son." I said through my teeth. I couldn't stand the pain anymore, so I pushed his hands away. "Excuse me." I said and ran to my room. I closed the door and slipped on the floor. I could feel the tears forming on my eyes as I remembered what Tom had told me. I started taking my shoes off, ready to get in the shower.

I could hear Gabriel and his dad talking outside the room. They were arguing about something and before I knew it, they were yelling at eachother. "I have no idea what kind of girl she is!" yelled Tom. "For all I know, she can only be after our money, just like her father."

"And just like your new wife?" Gabriel yelled back. "She is a good person and I don't care what you have to say about her."

"I am calling off this wedding!" yelled Tom. I could just imagine a vain forming on his forhead for all the yelling. "I am not making this mistake."

"Why do you think you can control my life? I am already twenty years old. I'm old enough to decide who I'll be marrying." I heard Garbiel walking away.

"You will regret marrying her. She is a nobody!" Tom said. I quickly got up and went to my dresser. I moved my hand on the surface trying to find the light. I hit something hard and it fell to the floor, shattering into peices.

"Crap." I said, as I felt glass cut my skin and dig deep on my feet. I fell to the ground and the door opened. I tried to get back up, wipping my hands on my knees only to get cut with the glass. I pulled my hand away from my knees and just sat there.

"Reina, stop doing that." Gabriel's strict voice came from above. He knelt down and helped me, more like tried, but I didn't let him. "Reina, don't be so stuborn and let me help you." he said. Somehow, Tom had turned on the light and he was also standing there, trying to help me.

He placed his hand on my upper arm and I ripped it out of his hold. "Why would you want to help a nobody?" I asked glaring at him. He looked suprised at my comment but then returned the glare. Gabriel tried to get me on my feet and I hissed in pain. "Stop, it hurts." I said. He quickly understood and carried me bridal style.

"How did this happen?" he asked, placing me on my bed. He ordered one of the nurses to bring him a clean cloth and some disinfecting.

"I tried to turn on the lamp and knocked something over." I said, looking at what I had dropped. It was a small little dove statue that was on the dresser. "Aw man. That was the cute one!" I complained. Gabriel laughed and took the items from the woman's hands.

"This will hurt a little." he said soaking the cloth with what smelled like alcohol. "Just hit me if it hurts too much." he said. I nodded and sat up as he grabbed my foot and pressed the cloth against it. I hissed as the alcohol burned my foot. I tried to take in the pain but I just couldn't take it. He kept rubbing the cloth and poking at the cuts.

"Mother crapper!" I yelled pulling my foot away from his hands. He looked a little startled but then started laughing. "I'm glad someone is enjoying my pain." I said examining my foot. "Okay, I will give you my foot back. If, you don't make fun of me in the morning." I said. He nodded and I slowly gave him my foot back.

After several hours of pain and suffering, Gabriel was finished taking off all the glass from my feet and knees. "Okay, now lets take a look at your shoulder." he said. I peeled the shirt off, gasping at the pain I felt with only the light cloth touching me. "Look Reina, this is going to hurt too, Probably not as much as the alcohol, but it'll still sting." he said. He had some green looking gel in his hand and a wrap on the other. "Please work with me and we will get this over with." he said.

I shook my hea and closed my eyes tightly. I felt him rub the gel and at first it stung, but then it started to feel cool and it felt good against my skin. He quickly wrapped my shoulder and then gave the maid everything he used.

"You'd make a good doctor." I told him as he helped me get into bed. I looked down at my knees and couldn't help the giggle that came out of me.

"What?" he asked looking at me a little weird.

"I feel like a little girl with all the band-aids. And worse, they have Dora the Explorer on it." I cried pointing a finger at them. He laughed and ruffled my hair. My thoughts jumped from Dora to my brother Ryan faster than enything and I became sad.

I wiped my eyes and looked away from Gabriel. "Hey whats wrong?" he asked me. He wiped a tear that had managed to escape and I turned to look at him.

"I miss my brother." I told him. He smiled sweetly at me before pulling me into a hug.

"You'll see him soon." he whispered. I wrapped my arms around him and pulle dhim closer to me.

"I wish. Your dad told me that they werent coming. I just wish I could be back at the beach with my brother and his friends. I wish my mom hadn't left us at all. Maybe I wouldn't be in this situation." I said softly.

"If your mom hadn't left, I wouldn't have met you. My life would have been boring and so, uneventful." he said. I laughed and pulled away from him. "Is there anything you need?" he asked me.

"Oh yes! Bring me a guitar, I feel like playing something." I said. He smiled and quickly kissed my cheek. I blushed and looked down at my hands.

"I'll be back with one, tomorrow." he said. I smiled and looked at him. "Goodnight Reina." he said.

"Goodnight Gabriel." I smiled. I kissed him on the cheek too and laid down.