Chapter60-Forever Young.

BEYS POV

After announcing my retirement for real this time, I stood in front of a stadium of beautiful adoring fans, crying my eyes out and watching them crying myself. It was horrific. Seeing them all so upset. But this was the right thing to do.

"I need to thank all of y'all for the past 18 years of my life." I took a minute to cry out the lump in my throat to deliver the rest of my heart out to my beyhive. "One day when y'all are old and grown, in your little rocking chair in front of the fireplace, you might look back and think 'hey, I remember when I used to be a huge fan of Beyonce!'. I'll just be a book in the library of your mind. But for me, my whole library is made up of memories y'all have given me. You'll forget about me and move on with your lives, but I will never forget what y'all have done for me. So for that I thank you so much."

Looking behind me I saw all my women of the band and dancers crying away too.

"I'd also like to thank my friends and family. The mamas back there singing y'all hearts out. My dancers giving me 100% 24/7. Of course my amazingly talented band. Angie, Kelly, Michelle, Ty, Solange, or the ratchets for short. You were apart of the dream of helped me make it a reality."

I turned to the side of the stage and looked at Jay standing behind my two sons and my daughter. I'm sure he wanted to cry himself, but all he did was smile an amazing smile. The smile that was tattooed on my heart.

"Finally I have to thank my husband. I...I wouldn't even know where to begin or where to end. All I know is you've been my roc forever. I would give you the world if It was possible. And I just want you to know that...I am so lucky. When I fall, you lift me up."

I put my hands on my heart and looked at his smiling face from backstage.

"I love you so much." I mouthed to him, expecting the same back. He opened his mouth to say it, when his smile slowly dropped.

A look of terror and worry exploded on his face, and I turned my head, confused as he started yelling something to me. Then the crowd started screaming really loud too. Not happy excited screams like when I entered the stage. Petrified screams, matching the facial expression Jay had.

In the blink of an eye he all of a sudden was charging at me, yelling "NO! BEY!"

Everything was happening so fast, so much was going on that I couldn't focus on my surroundings.

Until I heard a bang.

Jay and I came crashing to the floor where he had tackled me and I knew there was screaming coming from every direction, but all I could hear was my heart thumping and a ringing in my ears.

"Jay get up! Somebody has a gun in here!" I managed to yell, tapping the back of his head, signalling for him to get up off me. But he just laid still.

That's when I felt a wet substance on my hand. I pulled it out in front of me and froze in horror, looking down at Jay.

Blood.

*************************

4 years later.

"Mrs Carter?" A doctor said, finally coming out of the hospital room. I stood and smiled at him. His smile was brighter than usual today.

"What's up doc. How's he doing?" I said referring to my husband, who had been in a coma for the past 4 years since he dived in front of a bullet for me at my final concert. The gunman remained unfound.

"Ma'am..." He paused and sighed. My heart dropped, because I knew exactly what was coming next. The day I had been dressing for the past 4 years of my life. My 9 year old son AJ, and 4 year old twins Corey and Blue-Ivy Carter stood up by my side, sensing my fear.

"Oh God no.." He stern frown of the doctor turned into a bright smile.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?"

Or maybe this isn't the day I have been dreading...

My mouth was agape and my children were cheering, already running into the room. I was too amazed to even thank the doctor. He just gave me a supportive smile and let me go in the room.

Shawn Corey Carter looked me dead in the eyes. Something I thought would never happen again. I wasted no time in jumping on him and attacking his lips. Bless him, he had just woken up and my fat ass was already straddling his lap. He was probably so tired, that's why he couldn't even kiss me back. But it didn't matter to me. I'm just glad he is back.

He stared at me, still with the same confused and frazzled look. Then, keeping his face completely still aside from his mouth, he said...

"I'm sorry, do I know you?"

FOREVER YOUNG.