Like a Never-Ending Cycle

A little something I made...Enjoy!
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

  After the Great Wall Race:
You took off your helmet and snapped your fingers, making it disappear. Exhaling in exhaustion, you collapsed on your bed. You thought about a certain event that kept replaying again and again in your head. You turned red at the thought of it. 'Why'd he do it though? He doesn't like me like that, right? Or maybe the adrenaline got to him, somehow.' Your thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking at your door, you opened the door to the very person you were thinking about. You turned a unnoticeable shade of pink, "H-hey, Blaze. Need something?" Blaze was a nickname you made up for Redson when you were kids and he thought it was only fair, if he did the same and hence the name, 'Matrix'. He dubbed you the name, 'Matrix', because when he first met you, you were a tiny, curled up in a ball, mess of glitches and binary code.

Your mini flashback was interrupted again by a pair of snapping fingers, "Earth to (Y/N), are you paying attention? I said dinner's ready." You nodded, following him out the door and into the dining room. You sat next to Redson and ate quietly. Ever since your and Redson's victory, not a word has been said from his parents. You finished eating and excused yourself from the table, bidding them a goodnight. You went into your room, changed out of your biker outfit and into your pajamas. You rubbed your eyes, "Life is like a never-ending cycle. I get up, change, brush my teeth, and go out to see Mk and his friends. I say goodbye and leave, I get home, hang out with Redson for a bit before eating dinner and going to sleep. Everyday is the same..." You sighed, "I need to break it now." Your eyes drooped from exhaustion before darkness welcomed you with open arms.

The Next Day:
Your eyes opened, only to be greeted with a pair of eyes staring right back at you. You yelled in surprise, grabbing a dagger from your nightstand and throwing it at the stranger, said person yelped and dodged your attack. You rubbed the tiredness from your eyes and squinted, only to see Redson rubbing the back of his neck nervously with the dagger next to his head, "Redson! You scared me, I could've killed you! Wait, what are you doing in my room?" You asked, tilting your head to side and wrapping yourself in your blanket.

"I-I came to wake you up, but then I saw you sleeping, peacefully. I didn't have the heart to wake you up." You got off your bed with your blanket wrapped around you and pat Redson's head, "Don't worry, Redson. Just...don't do that ever again, ok?" He nodded. You pushed him out of your room, "M-Matrix? What are you doing?" You pushed him out of your room, "I need to change. Snapping your fingers, your pajamas automatically turned into your usual outfit. You brushed your hair and your teeth. Fixing your bangs, you went out the bedroom door.

You said goodbye to Redson and made your way to Pigsy's Noodles. By the time you got there, Pigsy already had some orders ready for you and Mk. "Hey, Pigsy. Where's Mk? Is he late again?" He pinched the bridge of his nose, "Yeah, no matter how hard I try, he somehow always comes late." You pat his shoulder, "Do you want me to get get him?" He nodded, "I don't know what I would do without you. Thanks, (Y/N)!" You smiled before going to MK's apartment. You knocked on his door, but no answer. You phased through his door to see him asleep on his bed like always. You tried to wake him up as gently as possible. Keyword: tried. Next thing you knew, an arm grabbed onto you and pulled you with him. You stiffened as you felt him nuzzle your cheek, "Mk, come on. Get up." You weren't really used to receiving affection from others, so this was kinda new for you. You poked his cheek repeatedly and at some point, he woke up. His eyes opened blearily before his eyes turned wide, shocked and confused, you were sharing the same bed, "(Y/N)! W-what are you doing here?" He felt his cheeks heating, but he ignored it. "I came to wake you up for work." He nodded, "Oh yeah. That makes sense—wait, how'd you get in here?" You sweat-dropped, "Uh...you're door wasn't locked?" He got up and opened the door, "Oh, I think forget to lock it up yesterday." You sighed in relief, "Mk, get ready or Pigsy will fire you." Fixing your scarf, you went out the door, leaving Mk to his thoughts. You waited outside his door, "Ready, (Y/N)?" You nodded, "Yeah, let's go."

Timeskip:
"Bye, Pigsy, Mr.Tang, and Mk!", you shouted, waving goodbye. You sighed in exhaustion, knowing you had time left before sundown, you decided to explore the city for a bit, wanting to break the cycle that you call your life. You were walking around for a while now and you were starting to get bored. You walked a bit longer before spotting an somewhat abandoned building. Curious, you went inside and was surprised to see someone working behind the counter, you went up to her asked what was inside the building. She sighed, "It's for shadow plays...now are you going to buy something or not?" She snipped. You rolled your eyes and left, only to teleport inside the building without being in sight.

You popped into the theater that was already playing something, "As time went on, the hero attained power beyond comprehension. As the hero's light grew, so too did his shadow. And soon, the warrior was cast in that shadow. In the darkness, the warrior was forgotten by the hero." the puppeteer narrated and as he continued, you felt yourself being drawn to the warrior in the story and before you knew it the play was over. The lights brightened and you shielded your eyes from the bright light, having  being used to the darkness. Everyone left, but you stayed pondering on the warrior and what happened to them. Feeling a presence behind you, you turned around and thrust a knife in front of you. The puppeteer wasn't even fazed that there was a tip of a blade pressed to his chest. You sighed and he grinned, "Don't sneak on people like that." You sheathed your knife back into place, "Don't you know that's dangerous?"

"I know, but you have very good reflexes.", he complimented. You gave him a small smile, "I was trained for as long as I can remember." He swept his hand across the theater, "How did you like the story?" Your eyes lit up, "It was such a good story, but I did feel like I could relate to the warrior." He stopped smiling, "How so?" You frowned as memories began to resurface, "I was..." You shook your head, "I can't tell you." He nodded, "I understand." You sighed and put your hand out, "Nice meeting you, sir." He shook your hand, "Pleasure's all mine." You waved him goodbye and left. "How interesting..."

Back to the Flaming Foundry:
You took off your scarf and went to your room, as soon as you got there and opened the door, someone was already sitting on your bed. "Redson, what are you doing in my room?" He looked at you and stood up, "I was waiting for you to get back, so we could spend some quality time." You stared at him, "But, I understand if you don't want to. You probably had a long day and feeling tired." In a flash, you hugged him, "Don't be silly, of course I want to spend time with you. But, I'm gonna need you to get out of the room." He complied and left the room.

You both settled on watching a few movies and training later. You sat on the couch with comfortable clothes on and a blanket around your shoulders, while Redson picked out the movies. He took out a movie and inserted the disk, walking over to you, he sat down. You looked at him, "What did you put?" He grabbed the remote, "I put a movie you know...I just hope you still like it." He muttered the last part. The movie started and you recognized it immediately, "You put (f/m)?!" He rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah...?" You hugged before continuing to watch the movie. He blushed a bit and put his arm around your shoulder.

Halfway into the movie, you were already asleep, leaving Redson awake. He whipped his around, searching for the noise that interrupted his focus on the noise, "Matrix, did you hea-" He stopped his sentence when he saw you asleep on his shoulder. He turned off the T.V. and grabbed the blanket around you, covering you with it, so you wouldn't be cold. He moved a strand of your hair from your face and fell asleep beside you.