Calabash

It was a beautiful day outside, the sun was shining, flowers were blooming, and Mk was snoozing away in his bed without a care in the world. That was until the whole room started to shake, "What? Earthquake!" Once the whole stopped shaking, he looked around, "Oh, no-o-o-o. All my pwecious pwossessions." Someone knocked at his door and he went to answer it. He opened the door to see you at his doorstep. "Mk! You need to hurry or you'll be late again!", you yelled as he looked at the clock and noticed the time, "Huh? 9:01. I'm late for work!" You closed the door and let him get ready, "My staff, my staff, where's my staff? Staff? Pigsy's gonna kill me! Okay. Socks. Jacket. Bandana. Let's go." He said as he left his room and ran down the stairs. "And I'm here. Pigsy!  I'm so sorry I'm late. I overslept, and I guess I didn't set an alarm?  Honestly, I don't even remember going to bed. And the earthquake, and-and-and— please don't fire me.", Mk cried out desperately. He looked around, trying to spot you and when he didn't, he asked where you were. "Fire you?", Pigsy turned around and chuckled, "Ha! Why would I fire you?", flashing Mk, a wide smile. "(Y/N) got the day off, I felt she was overworking herself too much." Mk blinked, "That's great and all, but, uh— well, last time you said, "If you are one minute late ever again, YOU. ARE. FIRED!", he yelled, copying Pigsy. Pigsy looked at him confused, "I said that?" Tang went to Pigsy's side, "That doesn't sound like my best friend Pigsy.", they both laughed. Mk was, to say the least, confused before the room started to shake again. Mk didn't seem to notice the duo flickering behind him. "It's happening again!", Mk exclaimed. "Again? What you talking about, Mk?", Pigsy looked at Mk as if he were crazy, "Did you not feel that?", Mk turned around to look at him. "Feel what?" "I think MK's got a real case of the Mondays, hmm?", Tang said, making a face at Mk. "Hmm, maybe it's an inner ear thing?", Mk reaches into one of his ears and tries to take out his staff, like the many times before. "Oh, the staff. Yep. Uh, must be in there real good." Pigsy laughs at Mk's antics, "Your staff ain't in your ear, kid." Mk breathes a sigh of relief before looking at Pigsy confused, "Oh. That's a relief. Wait, where is it?" "On top of the mountain, sealing away the Demon Bull King and his entire family.", Tang started to explain before being interrupted, "Uhh, say what now?" The confused noodle boi asked and Tang sighed, "You do remember, right? I keep saying you work him too hard." He said, looking at Pigsy. Pigsy thought for a moment before looking at Mk, "That's it. You're taking a day off." Mk took this miracle of having the day off and left the noodle shop.

Mk ran around the streets in excitement, "My first day off in two whole years. This is a perfect day." A crowd gathered around Mk, "Perfect!" Mk skateboarded around in circles, "No traffic at rush hour?" The crowd appeared behind Mk again, "Perfect!" Mk kept raving about how everything was great and everytime he mentioned it, the crowd would appear behind him yelling, "Perfect!" Until at one point, it was a bit much, "More free cheese tea samples?" "Perfect!", the crowd shouted once more. Mk chuckled nervously, "You guys really are driving that point home, huh?" He turned around as the whole world started to shake with the crowd behind him flickering. "Whoa. What was that? Uh, yeah, something's definitely up here. But what?" Mk thought for a moment before remembering a certain detail, "Hmm. Pigsy smiled. He never smiles. I got to tell Mei."

Meanwhile with you:
'Hmm...where's Mk? He's never late to work or at least not too late.', I thought to myself as I waited for the next order from Pigsy. Ever since Mk didn't appear to deliver the orders, I had to work overtime to take his shift and deliver the orders for him, which was a benefit for me, but it sure was tiring. "(Y/N)! Order up!", Pigsy shouted from the counter. I sighed as I stood up and took the orders from his hands and went to the delivery truck. 'I just hope he's alright...'

Back with Mk:
The crowd behind Mk started to touch his face, making him uncomfortable and weirded out. He's not wrong for feeling that way, I mean who wouldn't? Mei put a finger? to his face, shushing him, "None of that matters. We're gonna be late." Mk was confused on what his best friend meant, "Late for what?" "Our romantic river cruise for two.", Mei explained. Mk was still confused as Mei dragged him by the arm and ran at an inhumane speed. Mk looked up at the sky, seeing it was starting to get dark. Whilst looking up, he noticed a trail of light traveling along with them as if guiding them to their destination.