XXIII. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞

۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓞𝓖◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE—
you got me.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓞𝓖◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER TWENTY THREE—you got me

Alexa had quite a few things on her mind since they got back to the Valley. The visitor Tory spoke about, the sake of Robby, Miguel getting back to his Mom, if Ty was angry, if her mother was still home, Tory at her apartment, but there was one thing she needed to put before anything else. Something she'd been wanting to do since Christmas Eve, something that broke in her on that very night.

Alexa removed her hand from the door after hitting her fist to it, a dull ache in her knuckles.

Mrs.Moskowitz opened the door with a shocked look. "Alexa! Oh my god, I haven't seen you in so long!"

She hugged her tightly as Alexa held her back. "I know, too long."

"You're here for Eli?" she smiled, Alexa took it he hadn't told his Mom anything. "He's not awake yet but you can go wake him up. Good luck."

"Thank you. Nice to see you." she offered her a tiny smile, taking her shoes off out of respect and leaving them by the door as she walked toward Hawks room. Usually they always hung out in the basement area, but she'd still known where it was. Alexa slowly opened up the door, keeping quiet as she shut it behind her. He had a fan going and just a little bit of sunlight coming in from the closed blinds.

Her eyes looked at the trophy on his wall first. The All Valley trophy, the one he won against Robby. Alexa stared at it, imagining what it meant to him to get that. She wished she'd won the All Valley, she was still disappointed she let her emotions get the best of her and Sam had the chance to score the final point. She was proud of Tory though. If it wasn't her, it would always be Tory. She had that mindset, and nothing would change that.

Alexa sat down next to Hawk as he slept. She tried not to laugh at the way his face was smooshed up to the pillow and his arm hanging off the bed. Alexa poked him in the shoulder. "Hey. Hawk. Wake up."

He didn't move, he didn't even hear her. Alexa moved closer and flicked him in the face, getting a grumble. "Wake up. It's me."

One eye opened as he squinted in the faint darkness. "Lex?"

"Hey." she greeted him with a small smile. "I know it's early."

He grabbed his phone to check the time before setting it down and sitting up with a small pop to his back. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to tell you congratulations. On your win." she felt nervous now, like she had stage fright and began chewing on the inside of her mouth. "Your Mom let me in."