XIX. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐮𝐬!

"Got us some choice supplies for the next leg of our road trip

"Got us some choice supplies for the next leg of our road trip." Johnny walked out of the store, holding up two bags toward the pair of teens. "Mexican Cokes."

"I think here they're just Cokes." Robby said in return as he took one.

"Are they?" Johnny frowned his eyebrows and looked at Alexa. "Are they?"

"I'm from Texas." she gave him a look of disbelief.

"Yeah, but you're A Texas-Mexican though, huh?" he agreed with a nod, shoving a coke into her arms. "Or are you Ecuadorian like Miguel?"

"We're Puerto Rican." Alexa gave him a eyebrow raise.

"Okay. So, is that Mexican of Ecuadorian ?" he shrugged his shoulders.

"Neither." Alexa shot back in return.

"Okay, what else did you get?" Robby encouraged his Dad to show what else remained in the bags before he said something offensive.

"Mexican candy. Chicharróns. And I just picked up this badass cell phone." the older man pulled it from the bag to show Robby. "It's got 60 minutes on it. That's, like, 300 American minutes. And I got you and your girlfriends a little something to say, "Welcome to Mexico."

He held up a little dog with a sombrero. "And don't tell me it's offensive. We bought it in Mexico. It's their idea. And here, for both of you. Gift number two."

He held up an FBI shirt, Robby flashed Alexa a comical grin. Johnny nodded. "Turn it around."

Alexa leaned forward as Robby did so, revealing 'Female Body Inspector' on the back as he laughed. Alexa squeezed the bridge of her nose. "I'm regretting this already."

"They didn't have any MBI shirts so you'll have to like it." Johnny tossed one at her face. "You two can match. Is that still a thing? To match?"

"Like we're twins?" Alexa hummed in his direction.

"No, Robbys not Port-Rocco." Johnny shook his head, Alexa shut her eyes again as Robby put an apologetic hand on her head. "Back in the day, one of my more serious babes and I would match. We were the shit. I don't know, are you guys serious?"

"We've been together for less then twenty-four hours." Robby shrugged as he pulled the other shirt out of the back. "But, I think we're serious enough to match. Right?"

"I don't know, that seems like a pretty big step in a relationship." Alexa inhaled deeply, Johnny completely oblivious to the fact that they were both making fun of him. "Pretty big commitment. Right?"

"Right." Johnny agreed.

"So what are we actually doing here?" Robby laughed as he looked as his Dad. "And don't say it's a father-son bonding thing. We could've done that 500 miles ago."

"All right, look." Johnny pulled his sunglasses off. Alexa sat up more, knowing that tone too well and knew he was about to say something to make Robby mad. "This is a father-son bonding thing. There's something to take care of first."