xiii. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

"Ladies and gentlemen

"Ladies and gentlemen. The male and female division qualifiers are about to begin. And with them, we enter a new era!" Ron, a guy from the council, spoke over the mic. "That's why we need a very special guest to kick things off. Let's give a big All Valley welcome to multi-Grammy-award winning, international superstar, Carrie Underwood!"

"How the fuck did they get Carrie Underwood here?" Alexa asked in disbelief, and her language had Robby in a fit of laugher.

"Hello, All Valley!" Carrie greeted as she took the mic, talking over the intense yells from the crowd. "I am so honored to be here. I didn't see a lot of karate growing up in Oklahoma, but you guys know I love to compete, just like these wonderful young men and young woman. One thing I have learned is that everyone gets their shot, their chance in the spotlight. Everyone gets their moment. This one's yours!"

The competition began soon after, each of the dojos doing very well, each student going the same. Alexa watched her Cobra Kai's do phenomenal, Miyagi Do and Eagle Fang impressing her as well, holding herself back from giving a minor smile when she watched one of them beat another. She did well herself, vicious on the mat and winning each time she was competed against.

Cobra Kai was still leading, but the quarterfinals came around quick.

"All right, folks. We've witnessed some great fighting today. But you ain't seen nothing yet." Daryl teased over the mic as the crowd cheered for the remaining stood. "Because we have arrived at the quarterfinals! Which means things are about to get intense. Of the eight boys and eight girls on this stage, one of each will be named All Valley champion. And then we'll tally all the points to determine which dojo has earned the title of Grand Champion. And since the points get higher in each round...it's still any dojos game! So you keep your eyes on this here blue mat, because we are just getting started!"

It wasn't long, Miguel competing first, for Devon to go. Alexa was up against her, knocking fist with Tory as she got onto the mat. The two bowed at each other, Alexa struck first in trying to hit Devon. She had to admit, her blocks were impressive, but they didn't stand a chance when Alexa twisted around on her heel and kicked her across the face.

"Point!"

They took their positions again, Devon doing a move that Alexa knew well, a move Johnny had actually taught her by sneaking underneath the leg, diving forward and tackling Alexa some on the mat. She was more pissed that her move, the private move Johnny taught her, was shared with someone else.

"Point!"

When Alexa stood, she gave a look of disbelief in Johnnys direction. It was clear she was offended, and he wasn't too happy with it either, breaking his eyes away. Alexa took a breath as she stood infront of Devon again, staring her in the eye. "You can't beat me with my own moves, sweetheart."

Alexa yelled in anger as she punched toward Devon arms, the Lee girl getting confident as she kicked at Alexa. Johnny winced, because he'd seen her do it once but wasn't aware she'd ever try it again. Alexa wrapped Devon's leg around her waist, picking her body up, and jumping off the floor herself to not only get Devon on the mat, but also land harshly on top of her, a tough punch to the chest.