30

On-jo and Cheong-san opened the gate to the roof, the boy went in to see if there were any zombies on the stairs, despite being dark, they could be seen by the moonlight coming through the window

Cheong-san, seeing that there were no zombies, went into the institute with On-jo, he opened the door wider for the others to enter, no one made noise to attract the attention of the zombies.

Cheong-san and On-jo were first, Wu-jin and Joon-yeong were together, followed by Hyo-ryung and Ji-min, Su-hyeok and Nam-ra were next, and Dae-su and Miyeon were last. They all went hand in hand, without making a sound, they went down the stairs carefully and slowly so as not to fall.

As they went down, they saw that there was no one in the corridors, that made them nervous, they feared that out of nowhere they would be taken by surprise, thunder sounded and lit up the place, they could see human parts of the students, that scared them.

Dae-su closed the gate, but since it was quiet, it made noise scaring the boys.

"What are you doing?" Hyo-ryung asked.

"Sorry" Dae-su apologized.

They all continued down carefully, the boys carried pieces of wood for safety and to defend themselves, they all continued down until they reached the ground floor, Cheong-san stopped them, implying that it was still not safe to go down and that they should wait.

Another thunder sounded, that made the zombies that were on the ground floor come out to follow that noise, the boys, seeing that the zombies were moving away, kept going down, Wu-jin almost slipped from the stairs, luckily Joon-yeong held him so that he wouldn't fall, they all followed the path out of the building in silence.

They were already outside the building, they crouched down so as not to be seen by the zombies that were on the road, luckily there were bushes that helped them to cover themselves, they only needed to cross the road and reach the center of Ingles to reach the mountain.

Cheong-san told them where to go without being seen by the zombies, they walked behind the bushes close to the wall, the boys did not hesitate and crossed, luckily they were not seen by the zombie. They came to where a truck was that had collided with a wall.

"Hey, I'll go first" Dae-su said to Cheong-an and Mi-yeon.

Dae-su started to crawl under the truck, Joon-yeong and Wu-jin did the same as the boy.

Mi-yeon saw that Cheong-san froze while standing, she stood up. "Cheong-san" she moved his arm to get his attention but to no avail, Mi-yeon looked ahead to see what he was seeing, and saw that there was an older woman but turned into a zombie.

Mi-yeon didn't understand why Cheong-san was looking at the woman. "Mom?" Those were Cheong-san's words for Mi-yeon to understand her partner's attitude.

That lady was Cheong-san's mother.

She risked her life to search for her son.

The zombie woman intended to approach the boys to bite them, but the truck stopped her, Mi-yeon moved Cheong-san's arm to get him out of that trance, the boy wanted to get on the truck to go with his mother but On-jo and Mi-yeon prevented him, the girls pulled him hard causing the three of them to fall.

Dae-su had already come out from under the truck, he saw the zombie and started to fight with her. On-jo and Mi-yeon watched as Dae-su hit Mrs. Lee.

"Here's another zombie!" Dae-su shouted to his companions.

Cheong-san stood up, he saw how Dae-su hit his mom, Joon-yeong also joined the fight seeing that the zombie wanted to bite Dae-su.

"Enough!" Cheong-san jumped on the truck to get to the boys to save her mom, she pushed Joon-yeong and Dae-su away from her. "What are you doing?" the boy went against Dae-su and started hitting him.

The girls look at the scene, Mi-yeon and On-jo were just staring blankly while the others were surprised by Cheong-san's attitude.

"Motherfucker!" Cheong-san continued to hit Dae-su, his screams making the zombies hear them.

Dae-su pushed Cheong-san away from him, Joon-yeong and Wu-jin hit the zombie, Cheong-san was going to go after the two boys, Su-hyeok was quick and grabbed Cheong-san from behind, the girls They ran towards them to help them.

"Let go of me! Let go of me!" Cheong-san was trying to break free from Su-hyeok. "Let go of me, damn it!" On-jo came over to help Su-hyeok with Cheong-san. "Mother!"

The boy's shout made Joon-yeong and Wu-jin stop. Now it made sense to everyone, the reason why Cheong-san acted that way, the boy was crying, he collapsed on the ground, he was very hurt to see his mother dead.

"Quick" Nam-ra grabbed Ji-min when she saw the zombies approaching.

"Come on. Run!" Su-hyeok screamed as the zombies got closer to them.

The boys started running towards the hill, Su-hyeok, On-jo and Nam-ra stayed behind helping Cheong-san. The others kept running but someone caught their attention.

"Dae-su, the others!" Joon-yeong notice referring to the others.

"What?" Dae-su was surprised to see that the others did not come.

"Why don't they come?" Wu-jin asked.

"And now that?" Joon-yeong asked worried about his teammates.

"Did you see them coming?" Dae-su asked Mi-yeon.

"No" she denied.

At that moment, they saw On-jo, Cheong-san, Su-hyeok, and Nam-ra approaching them.

"Here they come. Quick!" Dae-su shouted seeing that behind his friends came zombies.

"Wu-jin!" Joon-yeong helped his friend when he saw that he slipped.

"Get up" Mi-yeon also helped Wu-jin to his feet.

"Come on. We have to go" Joon-yeong and Mi-yeon carried Wu-jin.

The boys kept running despite, the rain made it difficult for them to run, they were careful not to slip, they didn't stop running, until Hyo-ryung slipped after they climbed that hill, Ji-min stopped to help her but she remained static, Mi-yeon stopped when she saw that her companions were not with them.

Mi-yeon wasn't far from them, she saw that Ji-min didn't move while Hyo-ryung was on the ground, then she understood why Ji-min stopped, it's because there was a zombie near them.

Mi-yeon started to run towards them, Wu-jin saw that Mi-yeon walked away from them so he decided to follow her so she was safe, he understood when he saw why she started to run away.

Mi-yeon saw that Ji-min didn't help Hyo-ryung, she had gone to another direction, Hyo-ryung was sad that her best friend didn't help her.

"Hyo-ryung!" the girl yelled, finally arriving next to the one in the pink vest, but the zombie was very fast, it was already very close to biting the girls.

"No!" Wu-jin arrived with them in time and pushed the zombie, they both fell to the ground, the boy quickly got up and covered the girls to protect them, especially Mi-yeon, if he had to give his life to save her, he would.