14

Minutes passed, everyone was calm, only the majority, they were in a very uncomfortable silence, Wu-jin followed around comforting Mi-yeon for a while, when he calmed her down, Wu-jin wanted to give her a seat, she refused, the exhausted boy, deci...

Minutes passed, everyone was calm, only the majority, they were in a very uncomfortable silence, Wu-jin followed around comforting Mi-yeon for a while, when he calmed her down, Wu-jin wanted to give her a seat, she refused, the exhausted boy, decided to leave her alone for a while and went to sit at the control table next to Su-hyeok.

Mi-yeon was still on the ground, now she was calmer, she just looked at the ground in silence and with a red cheek. She felt completely alone, her sister was gone, Miss Park had left them to save her twin, and her family would probably be dead with the problem out there.

Mi-yeon turned her head and looked towards the open window, she saw a person standing, she knew who it was, it was Cheong-san, the boy just looked at the whole scene of the zombies with sad eyes. She felt guilty, for her sister, Gyeong-su is dead.

She got up from the ground, the others didn't care so much, only Wu-jin looked at her, Mi-yeon walked to the window and stood next to Cheong-san, the boy didn't even look at her, she looked straight ahead, everything it was dark.

Mi-yeon took a deep breath. "Cheong-san..." the named did not look at her. "Sorry..." he kept looking at the scene.

Cheong-san looked at her. "Why do you apologize?" he asked her a little confused.

"By..." she searched for the right words. "Because of what happened a while ago"

The boy quickly understood and turned to look out the window. "You don't have to apologize, you're not to blame for what your sister did"

"I also feel guilty, I never knew about Na-yeon's plan, maybe if I had realized earlier, Gyeong-su would still be here" she said sadly. "Despite everything, she is still my sister, we share the same blood, and many said the phrase: the apple is from the same tree" she looked at Cheong-san, the boy looked at her without expression, she realized that the didn't understand her, Mi-yeon looked out the window again. "The 'tree' is the family and the 'apples' are the members. For that I apologize on behalf of my sister."

"I'm sorry too" Mi-yeon looked at him. "I thought you were like her too, but when I saw you stick up for Gyeong-su, I realized I was wrong. No wonder you had suitors, including Gyeong-su," the boy said apologetically.

She laughed a little. "Don't worry. The past is the past." She reached into her left skirt pocket and pulled out Gyeong-su's tag. "When I was about to leave the booth, Gyeong-su gave me his tag, he wanted to go on a date with me" Cheong-san looked at the tag.

"And what did you do about it?" he asked with little interest.

"I didn't say anything, when I was going to speak he interrupted me. He wanted to take me to the best restaurant in Hyosan, where they make the best fried chicken" she smiled, the boy shook his head amused. "He was very excited, I didn't want him to get excited" Cheong-san found that last interesting.

On-jo reached where the two were, Mi-yeon left them alone, went to sit on the floor next to the door and put the tag in the pocket of her skirt.

Mi-yeon felt a look, she knew whose look it was, it was from Wu-jin, the looks of both boys connected, she looked away blushing, again she felt those butterflies in her stomach just by looking at Wu-jin, the boy also shared that sentiment.

It didn't take long, silence reigned again in the transmission room.

"I didn't hear anything" Cheong-san said to break the silence, everyone looked at him. "I did not hear anything"

"Like what?" Su Hyeok asked.

"When Na-yeon came out...and Miss Park came out after her," he began to explain, Mi-yeon looked down. "I didn't hear anything after that"

"Like a scream?" Su Hyeok asked.

"Yes" Cheong-san nodded but no one said anything.

"Maybe they didn't die, then" Dae-su spoke up, which made Mi-yeon increase her hope. "They wouldn't have shut up if the zombies had bitten them. They have to be alive" the guys didn't speak. "Why don't they answer? No one answers. I'm always talking to myself," Dae-su said with his head lowered.

"You're right" Mi-yeon said behind Dae-su.

"Forget it" Dae-su said.

"I didn't hear anything" Mi-yeon said ignoring Dae-su's comment.

"I didn't hear anything either" supported On-jo.

"Me neither. I was scared because I didn't know how I would feel if I heard them scream, but I didn't hear anything" Hyo-ryung said.

"Come to think of it, me neither" Joon-yeong answered.

"So, I'm right. They're alive, right?" Dae-su said and Joon-yeong nodded.

"Should?" Ji-min was angry, everyone looked at her.

"What do you mean?" Joon-yeong asked.

"She's a killer" Ji-min said, Mi-yeon covered her ears, she didn't want to hear things from Na-yeon, Wu-jin looked at her. "She killed Gyeong-su and left alone. Is it okay for her to live? Aren't they all fake?"

"And Miss Park?" Wu-jin asked Ji-min. "Did she deserve to die too?"

"It's our fault?" Ji-min asked angrily.

"Anyway, it happened because of us" Wu-jin replied trying to put an end to the matter.

"What? What did we do? Na-yeon killed someone, played the victim, and ran away on her own. Did she do it because we didn't listen to her? If no one is on her side, is it okay to kill? We didn't tell Na-yeon to go out. We didn't tell Ms. Park to go out. Why feel bad? What the hell did we do wrong?"

After that speech nobody said anything, Mi-yeon took her hands from her ears. Ji-min was still angry, she didn't want anyone to comfort her.

Su-hyeok squirms from her spot. "Hey." caught Dae-su's attention. "I don't know if I should say this, but..."

"Well, don't say it" Wu-jin punched Su-hyeok in the stomach, the boy winced, Mi-yeon laughed a little, Wu-jin looked at her out of the corner of her eye and a small smile appeared on him lips.

"Don't they want to go to the bathroom?" Su-hyeok asked, another awkward silence reigned in the room. "Is it just me?"

 "Is it just me?"