08

It's been a while since that English teacher speech

It's been a while since that English teacher speech. Everyone was calm, Cheong-san talking to I-sak, Na-yeon still lying on the table, On-jo at the window crying for Su-hyeok, Ji-min and Hyo-ryung talking, Dae-su and Wu-jin conversing, Nam-ra, Joon-yeong, Gyeong-su, and Mi-yeon in their worlds, the latter just staring at a fixed point.

"You two had a good relationship, what happened to you?" Dae-su asked Wu-jin in a whisper, referring to his brother-in-law and Mi-yeon.

Wu-jin looked sadly at the ground. "I was the one who finished everything" he answered in a whisper, luckily no one was listening to them.

Dae-su knew that Wu-jin and Mi-yeon were a couple, but he never knew that the relationship was a bet, Wu-jin never told him. "What an idiot brother-in-law, I'm sorry, but there really was potential in both of them, there was chemistry, there was love, like in the novels" Dae-su replied with a smile, he really admired the relationship between both guys. "This time brother-in-law, once again conquer the heart of your beloved, one never knows when we are going to die or... that another will conquer her heart".

"Who else can conquer her?" Wu-jin asked looking at Dae-su, sometimes he didn't realize.

"Gyeong-su and Joon-yeong" replied his best friend. "Joon-yeong has liked her since they did their science homework six months ago, and Gyeong-su has liked her since high school, because she defended him from her sister" Dae-su explained, the two mentioned chatted, Mi-yeon was still in her world with her eyes closed.

"I knew Gyeong-su likes her, but I didn't know about Joon-yeong," Wu-jin answered, then looked at Mi-yeon.

His chest began to hurt, a lump formed in his throat, really, he's sorry. Sometimes he even thought that... if he had never accepted the bet, maybe he would approach her to ask her for help with his homework, thus gaining her trust and having a nice relationship without lies. Too bad he thought too late.

The times he tried to talk to Mi-yeon he was interrupted by Na-yeon, she didn't want him near her sister, she thought he would make fun of her for being so dumb. Wu-jin didn't blame her, he would also do the same if Ha-ri, his older sister, was hurt.

"No, they didn't bite me. Seriously" I-sak's voice echoed throughout the classroom. "Seriously. Not really"

Everyone looked up to see On-jo and I-sak at the window, I-sak had raised her voice, that made everyone alert.

"Did they bite you?" Na-yeon asked scared, she had gotten up.

"No!" I-sak ran to a mirror and saw that her eyes turned blood-colored, her nose wouldn't stop bleeding, that scared her.

"Hey. You're okay, right?" Gyeong-su walked over to her friend.

I-sak looked at her friend, saw everything red. "On-jo"

"I-sak" On-jo's eyes clouded over, she walked over to her friend and took her hands.

"No, right?" I-sak did not accept being bitten. "I'm not like them, am I?" On-jo didn't accept that I-sak was bitten either, both friends hugged each other, they didn't want to separate. "No. I'm not one of them." I-sak looked at her friend, On-jo was already crying, so she decided to hug her again.