16

Everyone searched for places to sleep throughout the broadcast room

Everyone searched for places to sleep throughout the broadcast room. On-jo, Nam-ra and Hyo-ryung slept on the table using their arms as pillows, Cheong-san slept sitting on a chair with wheels, Ji-min pushed two wheelchairs together to sleep a bit comfortably, Su-Hyeok slept sitting on the ground using his vest as a blanket. Dae-su, Joon-yeong and Wu-jin would all three sleep together on the floor, the two boys would use Dae-su's arms as a pillow, and Mi-yeon would sleep under the control table since there was a space.

When they turned off the light, some soon fell asleep, others were still awake, after a while they fell asleep, the whole room filled with snoring.

Mi-yeon was the only one awake, she took off her green sweater and used it to cover her legs because of the cold, she couldn't sleep, she was looking for a comfortable position but she couldn't fall asleep. She got up carefully so as not to hit the control table, put her sweater on the controls and walked silently to the window.

Her eyes saw the zombies running around the courtyard in search of prey, that turned her stomach, she also saw that some did not move, implying that they were students who did not survive.

She also wondered how she was outside the school, but the only thing she thought was that everything was destroyed, the zombies were also looking for something to eat and people were hiding from them.

She never imagined that a zombie apocalypse would come to school, that only existed in the world of cinema, she just wanted to wake up and see that everything was a dream, but no, everything was real.

Mi-yeon felt that someone was standing next to her, she looked to her left side, looked up a little and saw Wu-jin, he was looking at the courtyard, the girl was just serious and saw the scene again, neither of them dared to speak.

Wu-jin took a deep breath. "Do you think they will come to rescue us?" he asked Mi-yeon.

"I don't know. I still have that little hope that they will save us" she replied seriously.

Wu-jin looked at her, realized that her cheek was purple. "Does your cheek still hurt?" he asked delicately touching the girl's cheek with his right hand.

Mi-yeon turned her cheek away at the boy's touch. "A little" is the only thing she answered.

"Mimi..." he called her. "I am sorry"

She looked at him. "Why are you apologizing?"

"From..." he searched for the right words, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "Of what I did to you a year ago, when we broke up"

That made Mi-yeon frown and her heart ache. "Are you apologizing until now? When were you going to do it? When each of we is already married with children?"

Wu-jin noticed that Mi-yeon's eyes filled with tears. "I was looking for the right moment to do it" the boy apologized.

"I waited for you for several days, but you never approached me, that made me understand that you didn't care at all" she shed tears as she tried to smile.

"I really want you to forgive me" Wu-jin's voice was breaking. "I was stupid for not to appreciate that flower that was in front of me" he dried the tear that ran down the girl's cheek, she closed her eyes when she felt him touch and sighed.

She withdrew Wu-jin's hand and her tears began to flow. "That day you killed me Jang, you didn't mind seeing me lying on the floor and crying, all those months thrown away just to have the money in your hands" Mi-yeon didn't want to scream and wake up the others, she looked at the boy .

Wu-jin felt tears well up in him eyes. "About that money... I gave it to someone else long after they gave it to me, I don't use it for personal gain" he confessed telling the truth.

"I don't know whether to believe you or not. The lies you tell come out naturally, which were proven in those months" Mi-yeon couldn't believe him, he had lied to her from the first day he started make her fall in love until the moment of the breakup, where he coldly told her the truth.

He took her by the shoulders, longing to hold her and kiss her. "You have to believe me this time. During that time I had not realized the damage I did to you, until I started thinking about everything, how I treated you, how I lied to you, how I hurt you. And it hurt me more to see you no longer interact with anyone, and I did not see your smile again, as well as hear your laugh. Today I managed to see that the Mi-yeon I knew had returned, seeing you laugh again was the best thing that happened to me" Wu-jin hugged her.

The tears of both guys did not stop coming out, both had a very hurt heart, Wu-jin loves Mi-yeon very much, only he does not dare to tell her, but he knows that she still loves him and will protect her from everyone; although Mi-yeon tries to hide her feelings, that love for him is still present in her, but it is not easy to forgive that betrayal, she thinks that he only apologizes to make him feel better about himself.

"Please, Jang. Don't make this harder," she whispered to the boy. "We have to sleep" Wu-jin stopped hugging her.

"Forgive me" he apologized again, he left a strand of the girl's hair behind her ear to see her eyes, which were red, also the tip of her nose.

"Go to sleep" is the last thing she said.

She took a few steps but felt that her hand did not let go, she saw that Wu-jin had her by the hand, she just walked away making their hands loosen. Mi-yeon dried her tears with her hands and went to lie down in the same place, but not before putting the sweater on her legs and giving the sword to the others, trying not to cry again.

Wu-jin just looked at her with red eyes and a heavy heart, reached into his right pants pocket and took out a photograph. It wasn't just any photograph, he looked at the photograph and smiled sadly, it was an instant photograph of the two of them, both of them very happy, only it was broken into two parts, he put a little adhesive tape on it to join both parts again.

He smiled when he remembered the happy moments he spent with her, at the bottom of the photo was the phrase "I love you", where he wrote it himself, he felt a lot of guilt, he would do the impossible for her to forgive him and love again, if it means sacrificing your life for her.