29

The sound of thunder was heard, followed by more thunder, this noise made Nam-ra complain of pain, the other boys did not pay attention to the thunder, they were still without encouragement since the helicopter left them

"It's raining" Dae-su said as he felt drops of water falling from the sky.

Everyone looked up and felt the drops fall on them, those who were sitting on the ground got up, walked a little while looking at the sky, the emotion came to them.

"It's fucking raining! It's raining!" Dae-su yelled with excitement.

Dae-su and Wu-jin threw themselves to the ground, the others were only standing, they were all thirsty, they had not drunk water for a day, feeling the water again made their tears mix with the rain.

They were alone, they were abandoned by those who promised to protect them, they didn't know if their parents are alive, or looking for them or, if they became zombies, their hopes that they would come looking for them disappeared, aren't they too young for this?

"Joon-yeong, Mi-yeon" Cheong-san called out to the two guys. "Do you know that zombies follow us if they hear us? If we move every time there is thunder, maybe they won't hear us" Cheong-san explained to the guys. "No one will come to rescue us. Isn't it better to die trying to escape than to die waiting here?"

"Where can we go? And how?" Joon-yeong asked Cheong-san.

"If we go through the back door to the tennis courts and go through the English center, we can reach the mountain" Cheong-san pointed to the mountain, Joon-yeong and Mi-yeon nodded as they analyzed Cheong-san's plan.

All the boys were under a small roof that they themselves had made with several pieces of wood and a tarp so they wouldn't get any more wet than they already were.

"If we can get to the mountain, we can get to Yangdong. I went hiking several times with my father" On-jo explained after hearing Cheong-san's plan.

"Don't you think it's crazy to try?" Wu-jin was afraid of the escape plan.

"I'm not going. I'm scared. What if the zombies catch us?" Hyo-ryung was scared.

"We will die here if we don't find a way out" Mi-yeon replied to the girl with her arms crossed and leaning against the wall next to Cheong-san.

"No one will save us if we stay here. Only we can save ourselves" Cheong-san agreed with Mi-yeon, the boy stood in front of the others. "Let's go. If something happens, I'll scream and drive the zombies away. In any case, I'd die alone. So let's go"

"Don't say that" Su-hyeok didn't agree with Cheong-san's plan. "We should all live"

"If someone has to die, I will die in his place" Cheong-san continued with his idea of ​​sacrificing himself.

"Because of the rain, all the aromas are mixed. The rain is very noisy. Surely the zombies have numb senses" explained Nam-ra.

"If that's what a half-bie says it should be reliable" Dae-su said at Nam-ra's words.

"What is a half-bie?" Su-heok asked seriously.

"Someone half..." Dae-su looked at Su-hyeok and then at Nam-ra. "Reliable. Shall we go?" Dae-su asked Cheong-san, the boy nodded. "And the president is strong. Let's trust her and let's go"

"Right now I'm not strong" the mentioned replied.

"Why not?" Ji-min asked Nam-ra.

"Don't know"

"Some of us may not be able to keep up" Ji-min said to Cheong-san.

"No one can fall, let's go hand in hand. To protect ourselves" Cheong-san told the boys.

"Good!" Dae-su exclaimed.

Dae-su held out his hand to Hyo-ryung, the girl just looked at him and held out her hand to Ji-min, the girl took Hyo-ryung's hand and they went to the roof door, leaving the boy with hand in the air.

Mi-yeon saw this behavior and frowned, she didn't like the way Dae-su was treated. Mi-yeon began to analyze who would go in pairs, she realized that Su-hyeok and Nam-ra would go together, as well as Cheong-san and On-jo, only Dae-su, Wu-jin, Joon-yeong and she, were missing to go in pairs.

As expected, Su-hyeok left with Nam-ra, once again leaving Dae-su with his hand in the air. Mi-yeon saw that Dae-su turned to Joon-yeong, the boy continued past him ignoring him to get to her, then she looked at Wu-jin who also got up to go to her, lastly she saw that Cheong-san left with On-jo, only the four of them were missing.

Seeing Wu-jin and Joon-yeong approaching her, Mi-yeon walked towards Dae-su, leaving the boys with their hands in the air.

"Let's go together" Mi-yeon took Dae-su's hand and smiled at him.

"Thank you, Mimi, you are a great friend" Dae-su said excitedly.

Mi-yeon and Dae-su left with the others, leaving Wu-jin and Joon-yeong alone, now they reluctantly had to go hand in hand because Mi-yeon rejected them.

Deep down, Mi-yeon liked seeing the faces of both boys, now they knew how it felt to be excluded and abandoned.