Trust Beyond Reason

Lara's P.O.V

BANG!!!

I prepared myself for the bullet. Only to hear it hit something behind me. It was the mechanism that lowered the boat. Once the bullet hit it, it exploded and the boat fell to the water. With us onboard. Soon as I gathered myself I started the engine and we rode to the cave at great speed. Trinity soldiers were shooting at us but I made sure to pick a path between some rocks, so they wouldn't get a clear shot.

-"Stop shooting!" I heard the General order his soldiers. -"Bring in the explosives!" With that, he let us just ride into the cave. We don't have much time. We road the boat in silence until we arrived at these massive stone door, time took it's tool on the beautiful craftsmenship.

-"There, two holes. Must be for the Horns." I told Y/N. -"You still have them?" She asked, crossing her arms at her chest. -"Yeah, I told them they only need the dagger we gave them in the museum." I replied and pulled out the Horns. I handed one to Y/N. We exchanged looks, like all those other times before. And pressed the Horns into the door. We heard a click and some kind of mechanism turning on. And finally the door openned.

Chill ran over me when we did, not only because that area was way colder, but also because of it's beauty.

(Imagine it in a cave. An acient city of a sort)

Y/N also ghasped in amazment. -"We did it. We did it, Y/N!" I layed my hand at her shoulder. She put her hand on top of mine and put it away. -"Let's get going. We should start a fire before we freeze to death." She told me as she started walking forward. -"Start a fire? But what about Trinity. They're gonna be on top of us any minute." I asked confused. -"Gonna be a while until they get through that door." She pointed back and the door shut closed again. -"How did you know they were about to close?" I asked her. -"It's always like that, isn't it?" She replied. -"Not always.... Let's just gather something to burn." I said and together we gathered a few sticks that could burn. Then we made a quick camp to warm ourselves.

-"I still can't believe we found it." I said, getting my hands closer to the fire. Y/N just nodded slightly. I took a deep breath as I got ready for the conversation ahead. -"Hey, about what happened on that ship." I started. She didn't turn away from the fire. -"Thank you. For not shooting me." I told her. -"Wasn't far from it." She replied. I shook my head, regreting my own actions. -"I don't know what I would've done if I had my father's killer at my mercy......I probably would just pull the trigger." I said, thinking out loud. -"I already told you. I'm not like you.....Plus, my dad wouldn't want me to kill you. He wouldn't want to be avenged. Never was a violent person, nor he liked when Trinity blew shit up instead walking through the door. The only thing he wanted is for me to be safe, and to find the Mead.....We need to finish this. For him." She told me, looking at me slightly.

I shivered. -"Here. I kinda took your jacket, you can have it back." She said as she began taking it off. -"No, it's okay. I'm not that cold, still have my hoodie.....Besides, it looks better on you." I lightly pushed her with my shoulder. She smiled. I didn't see her smile much, but it's really beautiful. Suddenly we heard an explosion from the door. -"That's our cue. We should get moving. Can't believe Lucas is really doing it." She said as she got up. -"Who even is Lucas, to you?" I asked, accepting her hand to get up. -"Father in law. My dad's husband. He changed ever since dad....But I guess it doesn't matter now. I will race him to the Mead if I have to." She replied. -"I'm sorry. I know how hard it is to fight someone you know. Someone you trusted." I told her as we started walking away. She didn't reply, but I know she listened.