Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen (Alexius)

 I couldn't tell which pain was worse.

The throbbing in my arms or the throbbing in my head. I couldn't even open my eyes or move. Even the sounds of men outside my tent that morning, horses clomping around, armor clanking, and spoons against the inside of bowls, all of it caused my head to scream in pain. My stomach also began to churn something awful at the strong scent of stew brewing a couple tents down. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly and rolled onto my side to escape it when I smacked into something. I frowned, peering open one eye, grimacing at the bleariness of it. I rubbed the crust away and found myself staring at Killian.

He was in a deep sleep, his black hair touseled against the pillow and dark lashes cresting against his pale skin. He was snoring very softly, in a way that was surprisingly not as irritating as I expected it to be. He had one hand resting across his bare chest, a chest that --now in the light-- I could see to be sprinkled lightly with dark hairs that vanished for a moment before reappearing again as it trailed down his navel and disappearing under the blankets.

I blinked a few times, trying to take in the sight before me without becoming loud and angry. I couldn't remember what had happened last night. In fact, I couldn't remember a good portion of yesterday at all. I just remembered the battle, Killian teleporting us back to Ivacha, and a servant bandaging up my arms. After that, I was only seeing blurry images.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to sit there and ponder it as bile bubbled toward my throat. I tried to swallow it down, but it was no use. I had no choice, but to roll to the side of the bed, grabbing the nearest thing that happened to be a basket of rolls. I managed to dump them out across the floor before I vomited. I choked, gasping for breath before wave of nausea struck me and I heaved up whatever was left in my stomach.

"Are you all right?" I blinked and dropped the basket, whipping around in the bed to see Killian propped up on his elbow, looking at me with concern in those piercing blue eyes. I didn't know what to say, and I'm positive that I looked absolutely ridiculous. I cleared my throat, wiping my mouth on the back of my hand as I steadied myself.

However, I noticed something odd. Despite having just heaving up all my food, I was still extremely full and oddly enough, I felt much better than I had before. I settled back against the bed, catching my breath and trying to will myself to stop trembling. Killian grimaced and shocked me as he scooted closer to me, taking my head to hold it againts his chest. He used his free hand to gently rub my stomach.

"You may not want to drink for a while," He advised quietly, making me frown and peer up at him, "You don't seem to hold your alcohol well. Today is going to be a bit difficult, I can tell already. I'll get dressed and have Ana bring you some tea and and toast. I'd stick to that. Sounds safest." I said nothing. I had no idea what to say.

Hadn't he gotten drunk also? Or was that just me? Though, looking around at my tent, it would seem that I had a large group in here with me.

"I'll be right back. In the mean time, try to get dressed and ready." Killian told me, then slowly slid out of bed. I started to move when he reached out, lacing his fingers through my hair and bringing my head forward. He kissed me firmly on the brow before he gathered his clothes, tugging them on. I didn't know what to say to that. I just sat there stiffly, staring at him as he finished dressing. He glanced over his shoulder at me and smiled before ducking out of the tent.

I finally managed to get myself to move out of bed slowly. I took my time, avoiding the basket full of vomit, and made a mental note to tell Ana. She was definitely going to hate me for eternity after today. I sighed in frustration, getting up and heading to my wardrobe, grabbing my clothes and folding them up into a pack. I changed into the clothes from last night, grabbing my pack and a towel before heading toward where the showers were. I really did not want to shower amongst the other men here, but I would have no choice and I could tell a shower was really going to do me well.