Chapter Two

Chapter Two (Killian)

"Lord Killian, what're you doing?"

The voice was small and timid. The voice of my favorite servant, Vislo. He was a small lower class demon with small red horns and a lizard-like tail to match that lay on the floor at his feet. He wore a loose tunic and tight leggings that fell to his bare feet, his nails more like claws and deep red, like blood. Yet, despite his appearance, he was a very timid, shy creature and I very much enjoyed this as I wasn't too fond of belligerence.

I didn't need to respond to him, though. He could very well see what I was doing. I watched with a bird's eyes view of a great, beautiful realm. A brilliant green, colorful valley with a large lake set in the center with a lively town to one side and a grim forest to the other. It was surely something that had crawled out of a child's fairy tale book.

However, I had been searching for something in particular. Something that was now lost. The great brewing power that had led me to this realm, this realm of sexuality, was now gone.

I pulled my head away from the giant orb, watching the image of the realm cloud over and becoming fogged with periwinkle clouds until it was black again, revealing my reflection, which gave me pause. My black hair was swept back from my face, resting on my shoulders, bangs brushed across my forehead, over a pair of insidious blue eyes. They reminded me of ice. I almost looked evil.

And maybe I was.

I was a demon after all. Surely I wasn't entirely good... But then, no one was entirely good, nor entirely evil.

I stepped away from the seeing orb that stood in the center of a large domed room. It was the only thing in the room, aside from the blue drapes that ran along the marbled white and beige walls. I turned to face Vislo, who was standing awkwardly by the main doors.

"Did you need something, Vislo?" I asked calmly. He blinked, then blushed and tried to find something, other than myself, to stare at.

"The council. They've called a meeting to discuss the tensions with the Ethos pantheon. They even sent a representative." He answered softly. I nodded, heading for the doors, then pausing beside him, watching him visibly stiffen at my approach. I smiled slowly at his innocence before I reached out, cupping his head and drawing him near me as I stooped, kissing the top of his head. He blushed hard to the tips of his ears as he stumbled over words.

"You are free to go, Vislo. Enjoy your day off." I told him.

"T-T-Thanks. I m-mean, t-thank you, sir." Vislo made a whine sound as if he couldn't believe how terrible he was before he vanished in a sharp crack of lightening. I walked out of the room and into a long, outdoor corridor. It was connected to the orb room and down to the main hall. The entire building was levitating in the air, surrounded by clouds as well as the peaks of a few mountains in the region. I swept down the hall, listening to the clicks of my black heels.

I couldn't wait to take them off, I realized with a heavy sigh. My feet ached, and my shoulders wanted to slump so badly with the weight of the heavy black and green cloak that fell from my shoulders and dragged across the floor behind me. On the back was the silver emblem of my species; a crescent moon with the points almost touching and the symbol of eternal life, the Egyptian ankh at the center of it.

My species that was also cursed, like many other species of demons.

Cursed to drink blood, feed off it, live off it. Something we were forced to do to survive, but it was just apart of life, of fate. Fighting it was no use.

I continued down the hall before I reached the door to the main hall. I pushed the doors open, revealing the round room with a dome top made entirely of rainbow designed glass. Below it at the center of the room was a large, round table with chairs set all around it. Several were occupied by the representatives of other demon species. A couple were standing, lounging about until I entered, looking up in relief.