Part 7

As you arrive at the hotel entrance, you get out and head straight to your room. Before you go inside you lock the doors behind you and slide to the floor. You bury your face in your knees, trying to force back a sob. The guilt weighs you down and threatens to swallow you whole. You pull your knees closer to your chest, curling up.
You continue sitting like this for what feels like hours.

It's all been a terrible nightmare after all, it doesn't make sense. After what felt like another hour of sitting, crying and feeling miserable your phone lights up. You look up in disbelief to see that it's Joseph.

"Hello?" You answer.

Joseph speaks quietly and quickly into the receiver.

“Are you alright?! What happened? Where were you? Why didn't you at least text me to tell me you were ok? I've been worried about you all day.”

You sigh heavily, "I'm fine...I just got back to the hotel. They asked me a few questions and then let me go."

But Joseph could tell that there was something else bugging you.

"I'm finished at the expo. I'll be back within the hour. We can do anything you'd like."

Your face drops and tears begin forming again as you start sniffling, trying to hide the sound.

"What is it? Tell me what's wrong? Come on love, talk to me." Joseph pleaded. You could feel the desperation in his voice. He had really grown to care for you over the past few days.

"Its just that..." You pause and sniffle quietly, you wipe away the tears threatening to fall. "You don't deserve this Joseph, I'm just worried about how this will all affect you if it gets out and you're associated with me." You replied still sniffling. Maybe it would be better to leave before he even got back, just rip the bandaid off and let him move on with his life.

"Hey, you don't have to worry about me, leave that to me. I don't need a big fuss about this. Please don't cry, I promise we can figure this all out. I've just pulled up to the hotel. I'll be right there."  

Just as Joseph finishes speaking, he hangs up the phone. You stare into space until you hear the door open.

Joseph dropped his belongings on the couch near the entryway and made his way over to you sitting on the bed.

You're completely silent, still in tears and staring at your hands, while he takes a seat beside you.

He grabs your hands gently and rubs comforting circles on your palms. You finally look up at him.

He smiles softly, giving you a reassuring kiss on the lips. "You're safe now, okay? Whatever happened last night doesn't matter, everything will be okay. Tonight It's just us." Joseph says, looking deep into your eyes cupping your face with his hands. "I'm not going anywhere Y/N." 

Joseph pulls away as he removes his clothing, tossing it to the floor, leaving his boxers on. "Come here." He says as he lays on the bed pulling you towards him so that he's practically spooning you against him.

He runs his fingers through your hair slowly and softly.
You lean your head into the warmth of his chest and sigh contentedly.

After a few moments you feel yourself calming down, you pull away slowly removing your shirt. Joseph looks up, admiring your body, he gives you a smile.

"You're so beautiful, Y/N." He says as he stares at you intently, he leans forward and lightly kisses your cheek.

He continues kissing your cheek softly, moving to your neck.

"You are so fucking beautiful." He repeats in a husky tone.

He begins trailing his hands along every inch of your body. His touches are soft, gentle almost, but they send shivers through your body. You close your eyes, allowing yourself to enjoy the sensation of his touch.