Chapter 15: Grug's Idea

——————————🐚——————————

A light briefly flickers in the dark cave, Illuminating Grug. He was clocking two rocks together and managed to make a fire.

"Hey! I did it!" He said, very pleased with himself.

He looked around but quickly remembered that no one was there. He face fell and he turned to see an empty wall in front of him. He placed the torch in the ground, and picked up some mud.

He made a very big circle, and gave it a head and limbs. This represented Thunk. Next, he drew Ugga and Sandy holding hands, and then Gran and her cane right next to them. Next, he drew Guy, and then he drew (Y/n) and Eep together, and connected their hands.

After that, he drew himself and made it so his arms encircled his whole family. He stepped back and smiled at his work proudly.

The ground shook again, and Grug stumbled back, dropping the torch, making it almost go out. Grug picked it up and began blowing on it, reigniting the flame.

He sighed in relief, but it was short lived when he heard growling behind him. Grug turned around and yelled in surprise seeing the Macawnivore behind him.

"Ah! Stay back! Stay back!" He waved the torch at him, and backed away into the wall as Chunky approached him.

Grug hit the wall and held out the torch, and Chunky blew on it, extinguishing the flame. A loud boom was heard outside, and both Grug and the Macawnivore started blowing on the torch to reignite the flame.

Once they had, Chunky snuggled up against Grug in fear. Grug was rightfully startled and hesitantly placed his hand on his head. He growled and Grug flinched, before placing his hand on his head again, and letting him. Grug smiled, realizing that Chunky wasn't so bad after all, and the two sat there in silence.

A few moments later, the silence was broken by the sound of a shell being heard. He rushed forward and heard it again.

"They're in trouble. Hang on! I'm coming!" He yelled to no one.

He pause when he realized he didn't know how to get over. "How do I get across? Gotta think. What would Guy do? What would Guy do?"

Grug paused. "What would I do?"

He holds the torch out at his side. "Hold this."

Chunky grabs the torch and Grug starts grunting and pushing on his head. He began to grow frustrated and picked up a rock, about to hit himself in the head, when he paused.

"I.....have.....an.....IDEA!" He bellowed.

Chunky looked at him, slightly afraid.

...

Grug kicked over some bones, and he and Chunky grabbed a giant rib cage. Grug took a giant tree branch and used it to put tar over the top of the rib cage.

...

He then ran out into an open field and and started screaming and jumping and waving his arms to gain the attention of Piranha birds.

The birds flew up into a swarm and Grug ran towards Chunky and jumped on his back. Chunky ran towards the rib cage, and as he was running, Grug picked up another tree branch and held it up in the air. A meteor passed by close enough that the branch lit on fire.