Chapter 2: Breakfast Formation

——————————🐚——————————

A large man removed a boulder away from a cave entrance and looked out to see a bunch of Liyotes lounging around outside. The man ran out screaming and flailing his arms and scared them away.

This was Grug. He was tall and burly, and he was wearing brown animal skin as clothes and he had bare feet and hair all over his body. He smiled, satisfied at his work, when another figure roared and bounced off of his back.

Grug looked around, surprised, but his face relaxes when he saw it was his oldest son. "You're supposed to wait for my signal. Eep?"

The boy wasn't paying attention. He leapt on top of the cave and saw more Liyotes on it, and crept up behind them.

"Boo." He said, and they all scrambled away.

The boy named Eep had fluffy red hair and was wearing tiger skin pants that reached his mid calf, and also had bare feet.

He laid down on a rock and stretched his arms out, and sighed, enjoying the feeling of the sun on his body.

"Oh, we've been in that cave forever." He sighed.

"Three days is not forever." Grug told him.

"It is with this family." Eep mumbled.

"Eep, would you come down here? You're being so...so...dramatic." Grug asked him.

A growl was heard from below him and Grug turned and saw a little girl dash out of the cave on all fours.

"No, no, no Sandy. Remember the signal. Good girls wait for the signal."

Sandy wasn't listening and was distracted by a giant bug. She grabbed onto it's legs with her teeth and began flying away, until her mother came out and grabbed her.

"Ugga." Grug whined.

Ugga, Sandy and Eep's mom, had short brown hair that was tied back and was wearing a dress made from zebra skin.

"As soon as I get Sandy, I'll go back in, and you can give the signal." She promised.

"No, I mean you're already out now." He complained.

"I'm waiting for the signal dad!" A voice echoed from inside the cave.

"Never mind, Thunk. Just come out." Grug sighed.

"But, if you don't give the signal, how do you know you're my dad?" Thunk asked.

"The signal isn't so you know it's me. It's so you know I wasn't eaten by an animal." Grug clarified.

"Then why is the signal an animal noise? Doesn't that just confuse things?"

Grug placed a hand on his forehead.

"I-I don't know. I'm still waiting for the signal."

Grug rolled his eyes and did the signal which sounded like a bird.

A few moments later, a chubby boy wearing giraffe skin came charging out of the cave, running over his dad. He ran around screaming and shouting and waving his arms, while Grug looked at him weirdly.