Chapter 7: Road Trip

——————————🐚——————————

The sun rose over the giant pile of popcorn and all of the Croods family popped out of the top of the pile.

"Still alive!" They shouted.

Meanwhile, at the bottom of the pile, Guy and (Y/n) were struggling to get out.

"Come on, we gotta get out of here. These people are crazy!" (Y/n) insisted.

"I'm trying! Keep eating Belt."

They popped out of the popcorn and sighed in relief.

"Hey...where's Guy and (Y/n)?" Eep asked.

The two siblings glanced behind them and gasped.

...

Guy and (Y/n) ran out of the thick grass towards the mountains, when they heard growling behind them.

They turned and saw Eep prowling in the grass and he jumped and tackled them to the ground. Eep picked Guy up by his pants in one hand and the other picked (Y/n) up and held her by her waist.

"Going somewhere?" He asked.

"Mountain? High ground? End of the world? Sound familiar?" (Y/n) reminded him.

"That already happened. It destroyed our cave." Eep told her.

"No. That was just the beginning of The End. The end of The End is still coming." Guy explained.

"Eep. Drop them." Grug commanded.

Eep glared at his dad and slowly lowered them down to the ground. As soon as their feet hit the ground they tried to run away, but Eep hasn't released them yet.

"We can't just let them go. What if we don't find a cave before sunset? What if it takes a few days?" He gasped loudly and held (Y/n) closer to him. "What if the birds come back!"

"We need their fire dummy!" Gran chimed in.

Grug perked up and he smirked at the two, who tried even harder to get away.

"Fine. You two are staying with us till we find a cave."

Grug lifted up a giant log, and Eep handed Guy and (Y/n) to him, and shoved them inside the log, so they were back to back.

"What? No we're not! Don't make us a part of this! Stay here if you want but let us go." Guy whined.

"Yeah! We've got a dream, a mission, a reason to live." (Y/n) told them.

"Not anymore, pretty girl." Eep said happily.

The girl gave him an incredulous look as Grug lifted the log onto his shoulder, so (Y/n) was facing down and Guy was facing up.

"Um...I've got an idea. Let's go to that mountain." Guy suggested.

Grug looked over at the mountain that looked like the two stalagmites.

"It's too far." He declared.

"Dad really has his heart set on a cave." Eep said.