Chapter 10: New Ideas

——————————🐚——————————

The Croods walked through a jungle when they came upon the punch monkeys again. Grug growled and held up his fists and the monkey did the same. Before either of them could make a move, Guy put a banana in the monkey's hand.

Guy was wearing a hat of bananas and Sandy was on top of it, and they were both handing bananas out to the monkeys, while (Y/n) laughed at how ridiculous her brother looked in his banana hat.

Guy even handed one to Grug, who threw it down in front of him angrily. He walked forward, but slipped on the banana and fell.

...

The family had to make it across a chasm to the other side to make it to the mountain. This was a problem because Chunky the Death Cat was growling at the Croods at the bottom.

Grug tried to think of a way to get to the other side, when he looked over and saw (Y/n) and Guy holding some giant branches.

(Y/n) Guy made everyone stilts, and they all stumbled their way across the canyon.

"Woah, Woah!"

(Y/n) turned and saw Eep fumbling towards her. She held her arm out to keep him from falling over.

"So, how did the tiger fly?" He asked her again.

"He jumped on the sun. And rode it to tomorrow." She told him.

Eep looked at her in awe, as she wrapped her arm around his waist, and he wrapped his arm around her waist.

Grug saw them getting cozy with one another and did not like it one bit.

"No, no, no, no, no!" He charged forward on his stilts, but paused when he heard yowling.

He looked down and saw that he had accidentally stepped on Chunky's paw. Grug laughed and hit him again.

Chunky growled and began whacking his stilts, to they became shorter and shorter.

Grug panicked and tried to run over to the other side, but he didn't make it in time and screamed in pain, as Chunky bit him.

...

They all continued to make their way to the mountain, with Grug missing a chunk of his clothing, when they stopped, and saw that they had to travel down a steep wall to make it to the ground.

Grug started to slowly climb his way down, when the rest of his family zipped by him on sleds.

Grug tried to avoid getting hit by his family as they slid down, but he slipped and started tumbling the rest of the way down the hill.

"Hi dad!" Thunk greeted as Grug rolled passed him.

Grug suddenly slammed into a rock and came to an abrupt and painful stop.

"Bye dad!" Thunk yelled as he slid past.

Eep laughed as he sat behind (Y/n) on their own sled. He had his arms wrapped around her waist, and he rested his head on her shoulder and nuzzled into her hair, making the girl blush.

...

A huge wall of rain came pouring down towards the Croods, (Y/n) and Guy. Grug panicked and walked backwards and tried to punch the drops as they fell. He walked passed Guy, (Y/n) and Eep who looked at him like he was crazy.

"Have...you guys not seen rain before?" (Y/n) asked Eep.

"We...don't get out much." Eep said sheepishly.

(Y/n) and Guy pulled out umbrellas made of leaves, and held them above themselves. (Y/n) moved over to Eep and held her umbrella over his head to shield him from the rain.

Belt jumped off of Guy and leapt onto (Y/n) and pulled Eep closer to her, so they were pressed together.

Eep and (Y/n) smiled awkwardly at each other until thunder blasted in the air, startling Eep and making him jump in front of (Y/n) to try and protect her.

Grug grunted at the display and grabbed the umbrella away by the top, and held it upside down. This caused him to get struck by lightning.

He stood there in shock while everyone else pulled out umbrellas and continued walking.

...

The group was now standing on a rock looking down into the water that surrounded them. Eep reached his hand down and tried to touch it but Grug pulled him back.

"Eep, looks dangerous." He warned.

Eep groaned. "Dad, you say that about everything."

Eep stepped forward again, but (Y/n) placed a hand on his arm. "Careful."

"Oh, really? Okay." He obeyed.

Grug let out an exasperated sigh.

Guy swiftly dove into the water and emerged. Eep laughed and picked (Y/n) up bridal style and jumped into the water with her.

(Y/n) emerged and laughed, until Eep resurfaced and began flailing around. (Y/n) grabbed his hands to calm him down, and showed him the correct arm motions to swim.

Eep copied her and started swimming a bit sloppily, but (Y/n) found it cute and giggled at him.

The rest of the family smiled and jumped in as well, and they all started swimming together, except for Grug, who was still standing on the rock.

Belt came up behind Grug's head and lifted his arm up and used it as a diving board, to jump in.

Grug looked out at his family and saw Eep swim underneath (Y/n) and lifted her into his shoulders. They both laughed and gazed at each other.

"No, no, no. Not cool. Not cool!" Grug jumped into the water and made a huge splash, knocking Eep and (Y/n) over.

Grug sank to the bottom and laid on the sandy floor in defeat. Another splash caught his attention and he looked up and saw Chunky had dived into the water and was swimming towards him.

Grug's screams were muffled by the water and he frantically tried to swim away from Chunky.

——————————🐚——————————