Chapter 13: Idea Man

——————————🐚——————————

The next morning, the whole family plus Guy and (Y/n) were walking around in search of Grug, seen as no one saw him the entire night.

"Grug?" Ugga called.

"Dad!"

"Dad?!"

"He's a big guy. How could he just disappear like that?" Guy asked, while Thunk looked under a small rock.

Thunk dropped the rock when he noticed someone crouched down and a smile appeared on his face as he scampered closer towards the stranger.

"Hey, wait! Let's ask that ugly lady if she's seen Dad." He suggested, pointing at the lady.

"Haven't seen him." The stranger actually turned out to be Grug wearing something wierd on his head.

Ugga recoiled and jumped away from him. "Ah! What are you doing?"

"Yeah, wow, I was up all night, because all these ideas just kept coming to me." Grug said in a voice that made him sound like he just smoked a banana.

"Um...is that a snake?" Guy asked, looking at Grug's waist.

"Belt! New and improved!" Grug showed off.

Belt growled and narrowed his eyes at Grug. Suddenly, the snake began to squeeze Grug around the middle and he flinched.

"Ow! It's even self-tightening! Ow!" He screamed in pain, before hitting the snake, making it let go.

"What is on your head?" Ugga asked.

"It's called desperation." Gran answered monotonously.

"I call it a 'rug'. Rhymes with Grug." He then gestured to a boulder. "This one, I call it a 'ride'. Rhymes with Grug."

"Uh, that doesn't rhyme-." (Y/n) tried to correct him, but he interrupted her.

He nudged Eep. "It's gonna get us places faster than shoes."

Grug sat on the boulder. "Yeah! Just try and keep up!" He leaned back and the rock started rolling down a hill, taking him with it.

The boulder crashed into a tree, and the tree fell over on top of Grug.

"I wish I had a ride." Thunk whined.

...

"And painting is a thing of the past." Grug continued as he put goop on Thunk's face. "I call this a 'snapshot.'" Grug took a flat rock, and whacked Thunk in the face with it.

The rock shows Thunk's face painted on it, and Thunk swayed dizzily. "Oh, let's do it again, I think I blinked." He said woozily before fainting.

...

"I call them, 'shades.'" Grug put a rock shaped like sunglasses on his face, and the rest of the family had them as well. Eep walked around blindly and grabbed at (Y/n)'s face.

"The sun doesn't hurt my eyes anymore." Thunk realized. "Where do you get these great ideas?"

"Since I don't have a brain, they're coming from my stomach, down deep below, and then up again into my mind." Grug explained, as he walked forward.