Chapter 9

Harvey was only at home for 2 days before the 2nd chemotherapy started. In fact, he was enjoying being at home, with Elizabeth, away from Mike or the company. Without infusions or monitors. Just Elizabeth, and not just at night but all day long. Just hug her, feel her heartbeat and listen to her words. Just don't think about tomorrow or next week.
He enjoy to lie with her in my arms and to look at the blue sky on the terrace.

Hard to believe that it starts all over again in 2 days. Harvey started the conversation.
I
Well, look at it this way. You have completed the first of 6 cycles. Elizabeth smiled at him. It doesn't always have to be this way, but you know that.

And if so, then we now know how it works, he grinned at her. And in 4 weeks our little one will be here.

Maybe sooner, Elizabeth said softly. Harvey, I need to talk to you about Boston.

Boston? What about Boston?

You remember? I still have an apartment and a job there.

Yes, I know, and if you want to go back there, do it without me. I'm not ready yet, even if I talk to my mother again. Harvey replied tensely.

That's not what it is about. Tried to pacify Elizabeth. I have to go to Boston for 2 days next week to do something at the clinic.

OK when?

Thursday and Friday...I'll be back on Friday night when you get out of the hospital. Elizabeth said and her mood changed because she realized that she shouldn't continue talking here. Maybe she should wait for the additional tests before talking to Harvey about it. What do we want to do today?

I know something, Harvey grinned energetically at her. And Elizabeth knew immediately what it was about, because she had been waiting for a long time to be able to get so close to him again. And the butterflies in her stomach chased away her bad thoughts.

——————

Friday night at Harvey's office - New York

The office was quiet, with only a few employees milling around completing last-minute tasks before the weekend. Jessica stood in her white high-necked dress at the window in Harvey's office, drinking the drink in her hand, looking longingly at the dusk over the New York rooftops. She had put on one of Harvey's records and had the drink from Harvey's cupboard beforehand.

Jessica, suddenly said a voice. She turned around slowly and was amazed who had just entered the office.

Harvey, what are you doing here? she asked, slowly walking towards Harvey. They hugged in greeting and held each other tight. Nice to see you. New hairstyle?

Thanks. Mike helped me. Harvey grinned at her while stroking his 2mm short stubble hair with some bald patches. I got discharged today and wanted to check on my office. You really left it like that. he noted admiringly. And what are you doing here? do you miss me?

Jessica gave him a sideways look and sat down on his couch. When it gets quieter here in the evening and everyone leaves, I already miss sitting here with you and ending the day. Not having you in the office for more than 2 days after 12 years is weird. Jessica sipped her drink. Not that it's any quieter without you, because Mike and Louis can cause trouble too, but it's different. Good to see you here, although Donna and Mike have been keeping us updated.

You know, I'm not out of the world. he said and sat down in the chair opposite her.

Jessica tried to distract: When will the offspring come?