Chapter 8

After Harvey was transferred back to the normal ward a few days later, Elizabeth made time for herself to work from home and rest.

Because every day in the last time she spent many hours at his bedside in the intensive care unit while Harvey slept and slowly recovered. She tried to read a book, but actually she just stared at single words on the pages. Her thoughts circled. She spent the nights alone at home in his apartment. Then Harvey got better day by day, the bad blood values slowly recovered, the fever stayed away and the infection was over.

Once he was on the normal ward, Mike kept him happy and up to date with cases during the day. The nights belonged to Elizabeth and Harvey again.

——————

It was late at night and Harvey had a game date with Walther in the patient lounge. So Elizabeth had her own evening in her second home. A book, some music and a baby surrounded by medicine. Now she picked up her beloved vanilla-flavored black tea from Nurse Nancy. The night shift had begun, the ward was quiet as usual, and the corridors were empty. In her dark blue tight top and dark blue lounge pants, she turned out of Harvey's room straight into the dimmed hallway.

In the center of the station in front of the elevator was an elderly woman, it was Elaine. The elderly, gray-haired gentleman in a suit next to her must be her husband. Her eyes were so in love. Or the friend she was visiting here? But Elizabeth didn't have time to think about it anymore, because at that moment Elaine collapsed and was caught by this man. Lying on the ground, her right side of her body jerked and her eyes widened.

Elaine, Elaine, called the elderly gentleman next to her. Elizabeth was already next to the two and knelt down with a little distance. No kick or punch should hit her stomach.

Mister Fisher, hold your wife and make sure she doesn't hurt herself. I'll get Nancy. Don't put your hands in your mouth. Elizabeth started the stopwatch on the elderly gentleman's Breitling as she got up. After all, the buttons were always the same and apart from Harvey nobody had noticed anything like that before. She ran behind the counter and alerted Nurse Nancy, then searched the prep room for medication. A short time later Nancy joined them.

Misses Specter what happened?

Misses Fisher collapsed with a secondary generalized seizure. Focal right started. Does she have any allergies?

No, said Nancy, looking at her sadly. *oh no.* Elizabeth was speechless, but after 3 seconds she focused again.

Okay, she's the patient here. Elizabeth said and took a deep breath. Do you have any emergency anticonvulsant medication prescribed on your chart?

No. What do you need?

Some benzo. diazepam? midazolam?

Nancy looked through the emergency kit. Midazolam buccal!?

Very good. 10mg of it.

Nurse Nancy administered this expertly, then got a monitor to monitor the Patient. The elderly gentleman looked at Elizabeth in despair with tears in his eyes and asked in a calm voice: When will it take effect?

Equal. she said reassuringly. You are doing very well.

Elaine's convulsions slowed down a little later and actually stopped. Nancy had just set up a monitor when they heard the clack of a stretcher. The emergency team was there. The elevator in front of you wasn't working so help came across the hallway.