Chapter 5 - A Louis thing

Harvey, Mike - are you coming for dinner? called Donna into the garden.

The two men had made themselves comfortable on two sun loungers in the shade a while ago. They had returned from a morning walk on the beach. It was all still exhausting for Harvey, even though his foot no longer hurt and he could walk better. Now he was enjoying the quiet.

Right there, Donna, Mike called back. Let's see what Louis has created with his ladies. I'm hungry, this sea air always makes me so hungry.

Harvey had to grin because he wasn't hungry, but he also wanted to see how Louis could cook.

As the two slowly made their way through the garden to the kitchen, Donna struck up a conversation with Elizabeth, who was setting the table.

Well, are you still so tired?

Elizabeth sighs: Yes, but I'm feeling better.

It would be a miracle if you didn't, you fell asleep on the couch in Harvey's lap last night. That looked so cute. Now tell me, how long has it been since you slept?

Elizabeth rolled her eyes: Honest answer?

Honest!

I dont know. But certainly not the last 5 nights and I'm sorry I fell asleep so early last night. I was probably so relaxed because I was sure you'd be watching over Harvey and waking me up if something was wrong. Elizabeth looked sad, she had just fallen asleep and hadn't been able to take care of Harvey. What would have happened if the others hadn't been there? What if something had happened to him? She was surrounded by this fear every day and this hardly let her rest.

Honey, let's do it again tonight. You don't have to worry about him, we take care when you sleep.

Thank you Donna, Elizabeth said smiling with a tear in her eye and continued to set the table. At that moment Harvey came over to her, put down his crutches and grabbed Elizabeth by her hips. They looked at each other briefly.

Everything's OK with you? he asked worried.

Elizabeth nodded and stayed brave because she had to. Harvey didn't need to know about her fears. I am fine. Then she leaned her head on his chest and closed her eyes. Harvey hugged her tight *What's the matter with you?* Everything will be fine, he whispered.

Now sit down lovebirds, here we go, said Louis to Harvey and Elizabeth. He put the steaks on the table.

Slowly everyone came together at the fully set lunch table and sat down. In addition to the steaks, there were various salads, pies and fruit and vegetable plates.

Louis, thanks for this dinner here. It looks really tasty. Said Harvey.

Harvey, all for you. You know I can't help you otherwise. But I also wanted to contribute something to your recovery.

Louis is the health manager in our family. said Sheila.

Oh yeah, do you remember last December? Donna asked the group.

——————

5 months earlier
Christmas time in the office

Good morning Louis, said Jessica, coming straight from the elevator to Donna's desk. In her hand she held a flyer. Can you tell me what this is?

Good morning Jessica, said Louis, a little embarrassed, who was standing at the counter in his dark blue suit and arranging a stack of the same notes. That's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about. You've been busy with so many other important things over the last few weeks, so I thought I could take care of the health of our employees. You know, it's winter and many employees will be absent again because they catch a cold or, worse, the flu. And every day without them costs us a lot of money. Therefore, we will be doing a health week next week.