Chapter 45 (I'm Your Daddy)

(LISA POV.)

Lisa was currently sitting inside her office when someone called her.

"What?!"

She ran towards the door and slammed it hard as she closed it.

Bobby informed her that Jennie was brought in to the hospital.

She got into an accident and she’s currently critical.

When Lisa ran towards the elevator, her mind was in total chaos. Her heart could not stop beating fast.

As if her heart was being pounded like a drum.

*ba-dump*

*ba-dump*

*ba-dump*

Lisa kept on pressing the elevator button but it was still on the 11th floor. She was at the 90th.

Not able to wait anymore, she run towards the stairs.

Her employees were baffled as to why she was running towards the staircase rather than to wait for the elevator.

She ran as fast as he could as if her life depended on it.

Lisa did not know how she was able to climb down from her initial position towards the first floor of the building.

She did not care that she stumbled few times on the stairs before she was able to successfully arrive at the lowest part of the staircase.

She was sweating hard when she reached the first floor.

The employees who were busy working froze at the sight of her.

Her face was pale and she was soaked in sweat.

Her hair was unkempt and her eyes were red as if any minute by now, she would burst into tears.

The woman that was viewed as a Ruthless Queen of the Business World looked like a soulless person.

Lisa was gasping for air as she reached the front door.

Before she was able to go out, a delicate hand grabbed her arm.

It was Nancy.

She came from outside, as if she just arrived at the company.

"Chairman Manoban! Where are you going? We have a very important meeting towards our new business partner. We need to seal this deal. We can’t afford to lose this contract. I implore you to sort out your priority."

Nancy tightened her grip.

(A/N: Bitch!! Wanna die?! Germs!)

She stared at Lisa's eyes and there was an unyielding fire inside it.

Lisa shrugged her hand. She glared at Nancy and said,

"Fuck. Off."

Nancy paled but she once again grabbed her arm, not letting it go.

"Lisa!! Are you crazy?! We need this contract!! Whatever business you need to do outside, I’ll do it! Just leave it all to me, okay? Let Nancy help you."

She pleaded while staring at Lisa's eyes.

She was looking at Lisa intensely while trying to tug her back inside.

Lisa grabbed her hand that was pulling hier arm and forcefully flung it away.

"May I remind you Miss Nancy that you don't have the right to meddle in my private affairs. Get.The.Fuck.Off!"

Without giving a second glance, Lisa ran towards the parking lot, leaving Nancy who cried pitifully.

When she reached her car, Bobby was already waiting for her at the driver’s seat.

Bobby knew that currently her boss wouldn’t be able to drive safely towards the hospital.

'Drive fast!"

Lisa ordered as she sat at the back of her BMW.

Bobby immediately stepped on the accelerator and drove towards the hospital as fast as he could.

When they arrived, one of the hospital’s personnel immediately greeted them.

"Ms. Manoban. We were very happy to receive you in our humble place, we—"

"Enough with your chit chat. Speak. Was Miss Kim Jennie of Kim International brought here?"

Lisa asked as she walked inside.

"Yes. Miss Kim is currently at the emergency room. She has to undergo surgery.

We notified Mr. Bobby about Miss Kim's accident because we were not able to contact Chairman Kim. We cannot decide whether to transfer Miss Kim to other hospital or not.”

The hospital higher ups were aware of Kim International and Manoban Corporation's silent war in business world.

Seoul National Hospital was one of the subsidiary business under Manoban Corporation.

They did not want to offend their Boss’ boss by helping the Heiress of their business rival.

Lisa glared at them when she heard they wanted to transfer Jennie Kim.

"Why would you transfer her?? Are all of you worthless?? What’s the use of employing you here if you don’t even know how to save someone’s life and heal their injury?! If that’s the case then, all of you better pack your things and scram!"

All of them shivered as Lisa’s countenance darkened.

Sensing her Boss’ anger, Bobby whispered to her ear.

"Boss. Young Madam is still in critical condition. It’s best if you are present at the emergency room. Just leave them to me."

Lisa nodded and looked at one of the doctors.

"You. Lead me to the emergency room."

The poor doctor who was just standing at the back of the group almost peed in his pants.

Lisa looked like she wanted to devour everyone.

Few minutes later, Lisa was standing at the front of the operating room.

She was pacing back and forth while holding her head.

Every now and then, Lisa would touch the door of the operating room while her eyes were closed.

The poor doctor that was dragged there by Lisa was just standing stiffly at the corner.

He was afraid to look at Lisa.

He could only look at her feet while praying for Miss Kim's wellness. The poor doctor could tell that if something happened to her, this hospital would cease to exist.

Bobby arrived together with Jennie’s things.

He went beside Lisa.

"Boss… Young Madam is.."

Bobby did not know how to say it to Lisa.

He could only give the small picture to Lisa.

Lisa stared at the picture.

Her pale face became paler.

She whipped her head towards Bobby and asked,

"Is this.."

Bobby nodded.

"It was found together with Young Madam’s things. I also looked at her chart. Master… Young Madam is pregnant.."

Lisa staggered.

If not for But Bobby's assistance, she would’ve fell on the ground.

She slowly sat on the chair.

Seconds later, tears fell from her eyes.

She laughed crazily while crying hard.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

She whispered as she put the picture on her forehead.

"Little guy, I’m your Daddy."

(A/N: You're not crying, are you?)