Chapter 39 (A Barrel of Vinegar)

(JENNIE AND LISA POV.)

'Even if you only want me, I am still happy. I won’t need anything. I won’t want anything. My love is enough for both of us.'

Jennie hugged Lisa. She took a deep breath and inhaled Lisa's scent. They hugged each other for almost a cup of tea time.

"Jennie…"

"yeah…"

"Jennie…"

"Mmm…"

"Jennie…"

Jennie chuckled. She rubbed her face on Lisa's chest and slowly patted her back.

"Jennie… I’m home…"

Lisa whispered as she closed her eyes while caressing her hair.

Jennie could not help but smile widely. "Yeah… This is home.."

'You are my home.'

Jennuie tried to stop her tears. She did not know why she wanted to cry even though she was happy.

She tried to calm herself because she did not want Lisa to see hear cry.

"Jennie..." She did not respond but she tightened her embrace.

"Jennie..." Lisa could feel that she was being emotional, so she just pulled Jennie closer to her.

Minutes later, she broke free from Lisa's embrace and stared at her eyes.

"Lisa… I-I… There’s something that I wanted to s-say to you.. Actually, I’m…"

Before Jennie blurted every out, she managed to stop herself.

Jennie suddenly realized something. If she would say now that she was pregnant.

Lisa might get angry at her because she would find out that before they reconciled, she decided to conceal the fact that she was pregnant.

She might even think that she wanted to hide the baby.

(A/N: Isn't that your initial plan? *eyes rolled*)

She sighed. For sure, Lisa would 'discipline' her for lying to her.

"Mmm?"

Lisa stared at her while waiting for her to continue speaking.

"I'm… I’m hungry…" She whined like a spoiled brat. She pouted her lips and grabbed Lisa's shoulder while shaking it lightly.

Lisa laughed. She laughed and lowered her head to kissed Jennie on the lips.

"Okay… I'll prepare a snack for you.. Just wait here."

She kissed her once more and went downstairs.

When the door closed, Jennie exhaled.

Although she really wanted to tell her right now, she had to wait for the right time. She had to plan everything out.

She must prepare a great surprise to appease Lisa's anger. So, she would think that she delayed informing Lisa to surprise her.

Jennie stared at the ceiling. She gently stroked her abdomen.

'Little Bump. Just wait a little longer… Mommy wants to surprise Daddy, so she can only hide you for now.. Don’t get angry, okay? Mommy loves you… And I know Daddy will also love you.'

Few minutes later Lisa arrived while holding a tray. It has a glass of milk, a plate of biscuits and a bowl of sliced fruits. She put the tray on the side table and carried the milk towards Jennie.