Time Loop

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Didn't that alarm clock break?" You slowly sat up in bed and rubbed your eyes, looking next to you to see your old alarm clock in perfect condition and held it in your hands.

Staring at the calendar in disbelief, your eyes trailed up to the date and you clasped your hands over your mouth when you saw the year, opening your window to see the cloudy skies and fresh snow outside.

「Sans POV」

Sans was sleeping soundly in his bed when the door to his room busted open. "SANS, WHY ARE YOU NOT AT YOUR POST?"

"Huh... What post..." Sans groggily muttered, turning over in his sleep. "You mean the hotdog stand?"

"YOU TURNED YOUR SENTRY STATION INTO A HOTDOG STAND AGAIN? OH MY GOD, SANS." Papyrus stomped his foot in irritation and picked a plate of two week old spaghetti from the trash tornado swirling in the corner. "I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU NOT TO FEED THE HUMAN ANY HOTDOGS SO THEIR APPETITE WILL NOT BE SPOILED FOR MY GREAT SPAGHETTI!"

His brother left his room, leaving the door wide open as Sans opened his eyes, his pinpricks darting from the dusty treadmill in the middle of the room to the empty wooden desk with an unusually tall lamp in the corner.

"No... They promised!" He teleported out of bed, dropping the pillow onto the ground and leaving the sheets bunched up in a weird, creasy ball on the worn mattress to see the dark cave ceiling in place of an endless sky when he looked out the window and gripped the windowsill tightly. "They promised..."

He stood there, not caring how many times Papyrus called him from downstairs to get to his station until the taller skeleton was left with no choice but to carry him through the thick snow of Snowdin Town to work.

「Chara POV」

Flowey looked around at the surrounding golden flowers that all resembled him as he sprouted under a patch of light and squinted up at the entrance to the Underground.

"Golly... the next human is gonna fall any second now." He boredly grumbled with an indifferent attitude. "Not that I'm surprised."

Hearing no response, the flower turned to face the human ghost who silently sat next to him in the field of flowers, seemingly staring into space. "Hey, why aren't you saying anything?"

"You know, I've always hated that smiley trashbag because..." Chara slowly spoke. "He loves his brother more than anything, and his brother loves him too. It reminded me of our past, and now that I found someone who loves me again, I can never have them because in the end it will all be reset. Even when the world resets, Sans will always have Papyrus but I don't have anyone. I'm just a stupid ghost."

"You do have someone..." Flowey looked down at the identical but faceless flowers around his roots. "I'm still here, Chara. Your best friend Flowey, remember?"

They didn't say anything for a while and just scooted closer to sit next to him, wanting to feel the soft petals of the flowers surrounding them only to watch their fingers ghost through them. "... You'll always be my best friend, even if you're a talking weed."

"Shut up..." Flowey half heartedly hissed, turning away. "We'll get back to the surface someday, and you'll meet them again... and again, and again."

「Frisk POV」

Feeling the familiar bed of flowers, the human smiled and rolled around in the golden petals as a bitter wave of nostalgia washed over them.

"Howdy! Remember me?" Flowey popped out of the soil in front of them with a smug look. "Because I remember you, Frisk. Golly, didn't think I would see you here again."

"Aren't you going to offer me your friendliness pellets?"

"Forget it." Flowey rolled his eyes. "I'll save my friendliness pellets for later. Whatever happens, this is all your fault. Remember that."

He burrowed his way back into the soil, leaving Frisk alone with Chara who crossed their arms, refusing to speak with their former friend and fading away.

"This wasn't how it was supposed to go..." Frisk sighed, and decided to sit back down on the flowerbed, picking one of the golden flowers and plucking the petals one by one as they waited for Toriel to arrive.

Things went as usual with Frisk befriending a dummy, eating butterscotch pie, and eventually mustering up the determination to peacefully exit the ruins.

Since you left, things down here... are different.

With Asgore gone, the queen returned, and attempted to resume ruling the Underground. She enstated a new policy: all the humans who fall here would be treated not as enemies, but as friends... but people really did not like that policy.

Because of you, not only was the king gone... but the human souls had gone missing as well. Nobody wanted to see that happen ever again, so the people started a rebellion to overthrow the queen. Undyne spearheaded the revolution, of course. She was pretty mad after what happened to Asgore and threw the queen out of the castle with her strength, then she became the empress of the Underground and banished the queen back to the ruins.

She's decided to destroy every human that comes here, and since the human souls disappeared... She's also looking for a new way to break the barrier, and when she does, she's going to wage war on humanity. I mean, that was Asgore's plan too, but he was really... uh, bad at it.

Undyne has also expanded the royal guard massively. She says the first thing she'll do after we get out of here... is take her army and personally hunt you down and destroy you.

Anyway, never come back here. You are not welcome. Later.

_______________________________________

Frisk resetted because they were lonely and couldn't stand seeing their friends suffer on the surface. They wanted their happy life in the Underground back, but those who can remember past timelines are not happy with them like Flowey, Chara, and Sans. They ended up doing a neutral run so monsters will remain happily Underground away from humanity.