Goodbye

A few months had passed and the cold winter air was now a warm ray of sunshine as the first flowers bloomed indicating it was spring.

Chara sat in class leaning their head on one hand and using the other to tap the eraser of their pencil repeatedly on their desk.

"Hey, Chara..." They felt someone lightly poke their arm from the seat behind them. "Isn't that your sibling?"

"What are you talking ab-" Chara started in annoyance when they looked to see someone that resembled them waving outside the window with their lunch and dropped their pencil.

"You never told us your sibling was Y/n L/n." The kid in front of them turned around in their chair. "They were the top student and captain of the soccer team in Ebott Prep!"

"Ebott Prep?" Chara raised an eyebrow as they leaned in.

"That private school." Another student whispered. "I heard they have their own tennis court and pool!"

"Chara doesn't even play tennis." Frisk crossed their arms as their only human friend abruptly got up from their seat and left the classroom.

The other kids, including Frisk, watched from their seats as they met you outside to pick up their lunch.

"You forgot your lunch." You bent down and patted their head affectionately. "I rushed over here to give it to you before work."

"Gee, thanks." Chara rolled their eyes as they happily accepted the lunch box you prepared, peeking inside to see a rolled veggie omelette and various vegetables cut into flowers. "But you gotta stop coming to school. It's... embarrassing."

Alphys called them out as they entered the classroom again, closing the door behind them. "C-Chara, can you come and s-solve this equation on t-the board, please? I-I know you haven't b-been paying attention in c-class so, um..."

They took one glance at the board and scoffed at the snickering students. "Yeah, sure."

Everyone in the room silently watched as they confidently took the chalk from the teacher's hand and proceeded to solve the advanced equation, circling their final answer.

"T-That's correct, b-but that method is o-only used in pre-med calculus." Alphys double checked their work in disbelief. "T-Thank you, C-Chara."

"Pre-med?" Chara quietly repeated to themself as they sat down.

Sans
I hear Chara's doing
really well at school.

Sans
Heh, what did you do to them?

Y/n
Chara is actually very bright.

Y/n
They just needed a little help.

Sans
Alphys was so excited that she
posted about it on Undernet.

Sans
Those formulas look pretty
advanced for business school.

Y/n
I was in med school,
but had to drop out.

Sans
You serious?

Sans
What happened?

Y/n
I was exposed for having magic.

Sans
You're very determined...

Sans
If it were me, I would have
thrown in the towel by now.

Y/n
Is that why you sell
hotdogs for a living?

Sans
Hey, it gets the bills
paid... sometimes. Heh.

Sans
You know, I used to be a bit
of a doctor myself years ago.

Y/n
That's amazing...

Sans
Nah, not really. I was
a scientist, actually.

Y/n
Why did you quit?

Sans
There was this other skeleton and...

Sans
It's a long story. I'll tell you in person the next time we meet up, capiche?

A quiet knock resounded in the room, causing you to look up from your screen in annoyance when you got up to unlock it with a soft click.

"Hi Frisk, are you here to see Chara?" You asked, glancing up at the clock to see it was four in the afternoon. "They're still at soccer practice for another hour."

"Soccer practice?" Frisk repeated in surprise. "Only the cool kids are on the soccer team."

"Didn't they tell you?" You scratched your head in confusion. "They tried out for the soccer team last week."

Frisk frowned and fidgeted with the ends of their sleeves as you noticed a bluish purple mark on their face.

"Do you want to come in? We can pick them up together if you like." You gently smiled as Frisk nodded and softly shut the door behind them. "Did you fall on the way here?"

You were fully aware how they must've gotten those bruises because Chara used to have the same ones coming home from school until you started picking them up and helping them study as the other kids stopped bullying them over the months, though it seems it hasn't stopped for Frisk.

Chara
Hello. =)

Frisk
So now you reply
to my messages?

Chara
Shut up, I was busy.

Frisk
OK...

Chara
Meet me behind the
school after class.

Chara
I have to tell you something.

Frisk
Why don't you just tell me now?

Chara
I should tell you in person.

Chara
Be there, or else.

Frisk
Or else what?

Chara
Or else I won't tell you.

The bell rang and Frisk left Toriel's history class, having a different last period from Chara who had just finished physical education.

"Hi." Frisk found their friend at the agreed upon location standing before them. "What did you have to tell me?"

"I've reached the absolute. My grades are good, I'm getting into sports, and I'm starting to make other friends."

Chara proudly said, looking up at the clear sky as a familiar determined look stretched across their face.

"There is nothing more for me to do here. It's time for me to leave this school and move onto the next."

Frisk felt their world crash around them as Chara broke the big news to them with a wide smile.

"I'm moving schools."

_______________________________________

There are references to Chara in the genocide timeline. Chara is determined to keep taking over other worlds, in this case being schools. Chara got bored because they are already the best in this school, and they want to move to a bigger school and be the best there.