Dating Start

"Paps... No..." Sans tossed and turned in the sheets in his sleep, quiet panicked whispers escaping his mouth. "Kid..."

"... NO!" His eyes shot open as his left eye flared blue for a split second before he tightly gripped the bedsheets in his phalanges and realised he was in his bed, in his room on the surface, and heaved a sigh of relief as his breaths became stable again. "What time is it?"

He picked up his phone on the bedside table, the screen softly lighting up the darkness of the room.

Sans
Hey, you still awake?

Y/n
Yeah, I'm awake.

Sans
Sorry for hanging up.

Sans
Didn't mean to leave
you hanging. Heh.

Y/n
Why did you hang up earlier?

Y/n
Did I do something wrong?

Sans
It's not your fault.

Sans
Here, lemme call you.

Sans is calling...

"So what's keeping you up at night?" Sans softly spoke, mindful of Papyrus sleeping in the room across the hall. "Other than me calling you up, heheh."

"What about you?" You questioned. "That makes the two of us."

"I asked first, so shoot." He chuckled. "Give me your best shot."

"I was just wondering... if you were okay." You said, hearing a small thud outside your door but ignoring it.

"I'm fine, kiddo. Just some bad dreams." Sans slowly exhaled. "I can't help but worry. That kid, Chara... They didn't hurt you, did they?"

"No, why?" You asked, sitting up in bed as you focused on his words.

"Even when Tori was raising them, they would lash out a lot and she had to call Asgore or even me to step in." Sans explained as simply as possible. "I want you to know I could lend you a hand if things get out of hand."

"Sans..." You thoughtfully spoke. "Chara's a good kid. I was like that too when I was younger, and I turned out just fine, wouldn't you say?"

"That depends..." He teased. "Which part of you are we talking about?"

"Sans!" You buried your face in a pillow out of embarrassment, though you were glad he was feeling better.

「Chara POV」

"You idiot!" Flowey cursed. "They almost saw us."

"I'm trying to listen." Chara pressed their ear to the door, listening in on your phone call.

"They're talking to that smiley trashbag." Flowey scoffed. "We have to do something about this!"

"They seem happy." Chara shrugged. "I didn't expect Sans to be okay with them being related to me..."

"It sounds like they're going on some kind of date." Flowey pressed himself closer to the door as well. "We have to sabotage it!"

"No."

"Well..." Flowey challenged them, smiling in a smug expression. "Maybe they'll fall in love and forget about you. Have you ever thought of that?"

Chara's amused expression soon distorted into one of worry and fear as they furrowed their eyebrows.

"Let's crash that date."

「Frisk POV」

The next day, Frisk was playing with their pencil at their desk next to Chara in class when for the first time, Chara raised their hand, catching everyone's attention and the quiet chatter among the students stopped.