Tired

Huh! It was just a tiring day for me. I had sleep hovering in my eyes and just wanted to sleep.

"Oh! Open the door aunty, fast I can't stand here any longer, 'm too tired."
I was leaning against the door and the door suddenly opened, I nearly fell down but instead 'he' fell down. Yes he! It was Karthi who opened the door and due to my sudden force on him he fell down and I? I stood there standing and laughing at him.

Yes, obviously I couldn't control my laughter as I saw him falling down. I do confess that we might have grown up but I still love when he falls down like this. He really has got a unique way of falling down.

Meanwhile Mrs. Shankar came running towards the hall from her room with a huge rod in her hands. She might have only seen Karthi stumble down and considered me a theif or something as she came storming towards the door and was about to hit me when both of us shouted in unison- "It's me aunty!"
"It's Aasha, aunty!"

She was startled at Karthi's quick motion as he suddenly stood up and stood in front of me. On listening to us, she leant to see me behind him and I waved a hii to her. She looked relieved.

"Oh! It's you....... my heart nearly bursted as I heard him fall like that, I thought it was a robber or something. But why did you push him that way?"

"Yes? Even I wanted to ask the same question."

"No, no..... I didn't want to push you or something, I was so tired that I leant against the door and he opened it suddenly, I lost balance and by mistake, I pushed you. I'm really sorry." Again, I couldn't help laughing.

"Seriously? You know how much it is paining, I think I have broken two-three of my bones. It was fortunate that aunty wasn't on my place, it's hard to heal bones in this ag.... ah..ah....ouch...it's hurting please leave me aunty....." before he could complete his statement aunty was pulling his ears.

So sad... ha... ha... you shouldn't comment on someone's age specially if old.
"This much is enough for today. We have been waiting for you since long, let's have dinner." Aww.. I always melted at Mrs. Shankar's honey like smile.

Few minutes later we were on the dinner table and I cannot just stop praising the food, she would not make too many dishes but whatever she made had to be just perfect. And today was Thursday so it was the Paneer day and today we had 'Shaahi paneer' in our plates. I nearly cried out because of the delicious taste.

After dinner, as I was heading towards my room but Karthi stopped me "Don't you think you are forgetting something?"

"Yes I guess. I forgot smashing your head today. Now get out of my way, I want to sleep."

"Oh really madam? You got me roaming round the entire city throughout the day and now you don't want to talk about it?"

"What are you talking about?" I said with my eyes only half open.

"Well; leave it. Let's talk about it tomorrow, I can see that you really need sleep or you'll just lie down here." and he went away. I could see a smile spread over his face.

Now what I just wanted was sleep.
After sometime the ringing of my phone wake me up. I saw it was 3:12 a.m. Who was the idiot calling me at this time? Oh I was so frustrated but this frustration changed to fear as I saw the name of the caller on my phone's screen. Ketan hadn't called me for the past five days; but why today?
Has he come to know that I know much more about his family now and him too?
A chill went down my spine.

I thought of not picking up the phone but when he continuously called me thrice, suddenly Sameer flashed in my mind.

"Hello?"